Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

*WIP*Console Commands every Dota Player should know

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » *WIP*Console Commands every Dota Player should know 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by protogonus » December 13, 2012 7:39pm | Report
I noticed a lot of people had some issues with console commands. There's no sense in typing them all in every game. You can use an autoexec.cfg file to automate it. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg' and make a new .txt document named 'autoexec.txt' open it with notepad and 'File>Save As...' autoexec.cfg (at the bottom, make sure 'save as type' is set to 'all files' instead of '.txt document')

Anything you put into this document will automatically run when you boot up the game. For instance,

dota_minimap_misclick_time 1
//This console command will prevent you from accidentally right clicking on the minimap in the heat of an escape and start running the wrong way

Below I'll list the commands I use, and descriptions of each one.

//turn on console
con_enable 1
//hover over minimap for 1 seconds to move
dota_minimap_misclick_time 1
//adds range circles to skills while casting
dota_disable_range_finder 0
//always show player names
dota_always_show_player_names 1
//auto deny
dota_force_right_click_attack 1
//net graph displays info such as ping and frame rate, but covers a large portion of the screen
net_graph 0
//limits fps to 60
fps_max 60
//sets camera movement speed
dota_camera_accelerate 49
//shows fps
cl_showfps 1
//makes health bar more responsive
dota_health_hurt_decay_time_max 0
dota_health_hurt_decay_time_min 0
dota_health_hurt_delay 0
dota_pain_decay 0
dota_pain_factor 0
dota_pain_multiplier 0
dota_sf_game_end_delay 0

//Another command I think everyone should know is the range finder
dota_range_display 310
//where 310 is the range. For instance, Omniknight's Degen Aura slows units in a radius of 310, know you can visibly see how far that is.

Anything else that should be added? Post your thoughts and suggestions!

protogonus

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFreepie » January 11, 2013 1:56am | Report
I'll try some of these tonight and report back, should be interesting :P
I've never tried mucking around with the console

TheFreepie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by pan0phobik » January 22, 2013 9:08pm | Report
Do you mean the config folder? Or do you mean make a new folder called 'cfg'? I don't have a cfg folder.

pan0phobik

Steam: [email protected]
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by protogonus » February 17, 2013 12:11pm | Report
pan0phobik wrote:

Do you mean the config folder? Or do you mean make a new folder called 'cfg'? I don't have a cfg folder.

it's 'dota 2 beta/dota/cfg' it's in every install. if you see 'config' and not 'cfg' you haven't gone down far enough

protogonus

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » February 18, 2013 9:05pm | Report
Thank you for posting this! Very helpful.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved