Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why not use all hard carries?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Why not use all hard carries? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AxillaInAJar » April 9, 2015 3:04am | Report
I'm not really that nooby. I've been playing for close to two years now. But I'm not that smart either. I know having all hard carries isn't good for your team because you could get destroyed early game, but I have a friend I just introduced to DOTA a couple months ago. He wont listen to me when I tell him that. Can someone provide me with an in depth explanation as to why you shouldn't have a team of only hard carries? That would be very appreciated.

AxillaInAJar

Steam: AxillaInAJar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » April 9, 2015 3:32am | Report
While hard carries do have huge damage output, how they get to that point is gold. Hard carries need gold ( an hence, items) to actually be effective. If 5 carries are all fighting to get the limited gold on the map, how would they all get it without another suffering? You can't. there need to be one hard carry who get most of the farm, and use that to get a ridiculous amount of items and kills.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 9, 2015 7:10am | Report
You won't necessarily lose the early game. Some hard carries like Medusa actually have really good lane presence and you can win your lanes.

No the problem is, there isn't enough farm on the map for everyone. Heroes like Anti-Mage completely vacuum the creeps from the map and leave the rest of the team with zero farm.

You can't have more than one farming carry on your team. If you AFK farm with several heroes you'll just compete for farm and be easy gank targets. So for example if you have Anti-Mage, Tinker and Medusa in your team, the game is pretty much a cancer farming war...with your own team.

However you can pick several snowballing carries. Like if you want to have Chaos Knight, Clinkz and Phantom Assassin in the same team, there's nothing wrong with that. Since all these guys farm hereoes and not creeps, there will be enough farm for everyone.

But the main reason why you don't pick that many carries is because, a team with a ton of right-click isn't even the best late game team. Not even close : it's just an imbalanced team. If you want to make a team that's good in the late game you need teamfight lockdown as well, so picking an Enigma, or Magnus is far better than picking another carry.

That's the reason why in the lower tiers where everybody picks 5 hard carries against 5 hard carries, Omniknight is an autowin pick :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AxillaInAJar » April 11, 2015 3:41am | Report
Thanks for your advice this should work

AxillaInAJar

Steam: AxillaInAJar

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved