Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pdge the hooker ;)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Pdge the hooker ;) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » August 27, 2013 5:01am | Report
Hi guys, recently i have had amazing interest in playing pudge and have been practising him for a while against a friend(lobby), bots and a bit of pubs. Just today i watched a dendi pudge game and i actually understoof a bit how he hooks, Then i watched my friend's game who is an amazing pudge and i was pretty confident on seeing these videos. After all the practise i went for a game, with 4 of my friends so we had one random guy who was lvl 5 and we were 45.....
So anyways, this is the match id, we had a tough early game but we made it up and won, People said i was a great pudge, but i want a review from the pro players like u guys :)
288758780 - this is the match id. It would be a great help if u could spare some time, and tell me how to impove more and more, and yes this is on of those 5 carries games ;P
Thank you :)

Demolibium

Steam: Danté's Demon
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 27, 2013 6:49am | Report
Couldn't dl the replay for some reason, I'll just put what I can see based on the data.

Normally you would lose this game with that team against theirs, so the enemies were probably just awful. So you should probably get to a higher mmr bracket to play with people who can play something else besides carries.

First, you need to stop dying. As Pudge, some of those were probably suicides, but 16 deaths is still pretty bad. The more you're dead, the more advantage you lose.

Pudge does not need Phase Boots. EVER. Unless you're going carry for some insane reason (which you shouldn't be doing)

Sorry I couldn't give a detailed comment, I really can't watch the game. Hope I helped.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » August 27, 2013 7:17am | Report
well, out of the 16, 4-5 were suicides. And well it was medium matchmaking, their were 500 win guys and all...
And if no phase then wat boots should i opt?

Demolibium

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 27, 2013 7:20am | Report
I suggest you this item build + to watch this replay if you feel like it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/288423701

It's a recent match played by me in very high skilled matchmaking, pretty cool.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » August 27, 2013 8:23am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I suggest you this item build + to watch this replay if you feel like it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/288423701

It's a recent match played by me in very high skilled matchmaking, pretty cool.

Would u mind justifying why u made basher and why is treads a good pick on pudge?And yeah im gonna download and watch it now :D
Btw, did u watch the game?

Demolibium

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » August 27, 2013 8:27pm | Report
Nothing wrong with Phase Boots if you can abuse the Phase to get big hooks.

Phase Boots - ultra mobile
Mana Boots - always have mana
Power Treads - Mobile + PT switch (so almost always have mana)
Tranquil Boots - I don't like this, Bottle is enough
Boots of Travel - Dendi build

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved