Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Player: Is the Warlock balanced in the limited pool?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New Player: Is the Warlock balanced in the limited pool? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fekko » October 1, 2013 3:47pm | Report
Hi! I just started playing DOTA2 (never played 1) and after playing through the tutorials prior to human matches to completion, I am finding that the Warlock seems to be extremely powerful in the limited pool. I have not gone past limited pool, but I am currently 5/5 with the warlock.

http://dotabuff.com/players/8013073

One of the matches had one of our players Disconnect early in the game and we still won. The power of throwing down the golem for the stun on 2 enemies, then upheavaling them to keep them there and dead, allows me to quickly mow down 2 or more enemies, then walk through anywhere from 1-2 towers on a push. Doing this every couple of minutes seems like overkill.

Is this just a powerful combo against new players?

I'm thinking I should move on from the Warlock. Can anyone suggest limited pool hero to try?

Also, I'm looking for strategies and terminology definitions, but don't see any pinned topics. Can anyone point me to a topic that will explain things like Carry, Support, etc? Also strategy guides for public matches would be great, I don't generally play organized due to strange times that I can play.

Also, are there any bad habits I may be picking up playing the tutorials? I've figured out the simple Don't go past your creeps rule, but since I'm only 6 games into the human matches, I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

Thanks!

Fekko

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » October 1, 2013 6:50pm | Report
Don't know bout your general questions, but people start getting BKB, which makes Warlock rather underwhelming.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » October 2, 2013 12:58am | Report
He's a good hero, but by no means overpowered. Most new players don't know how to counter him. If you're looking for some general guidance take a look at this section of Dotafire
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 3, 2013 1:14pm | Report
Warlock + Dagon is nothing less than OP.

#killsecured

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » October 3, 2013 2:40pm | Report
INTERVENTION!!!!

#killsecure
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved