Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need help in how to learn the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Need help in how to learn the game 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zzzzzzxzzzzzz » December 1, 2013 7:40am | Report
my id in game is 147650275 i do understand the basics and how the game goes, but i suck at farming, items, when to push etc.. you can just say i am 100% new, palyed 120 hours

zzzzzzxzzzzzz

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 1, 2013 11:36pm | Report
Could you be more specific? Becouse explaining the whole game in one post is really tricky.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 2, 2013 12:43am | Report
If you understand how the game works then the only way to improve is to practice/play even more.

This can be done faster through watching and analyzing professional games regularly and playing with and against people better than you a lot. Nothing else is much said, and 120 hours into the game means that you already "get" the game.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 23, 2013 8:28am | Report
one thing.... buy Town Portal Scroll ALWAYS

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 23, 2013 9:56am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

one thing.... buy Town Portal Scroll ALWAYS

Unless you have Boots of Travel, then NEVER buy Town Portal Scroll 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dotb » December 30, 2013 3:17pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Unless you have Boots of Travel, then NEVER buy Town Portal Scroll 8{D

Even if u have Boots of Travel, u could buy Town Portal Scroll

dotb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 30, 2013 3:20pm | Report
dotb wrote:

Even if u have Boots of Travel, u could buy Town Portal Scroll

They share a cooldown, so while you "could", the only use you'd have for it is to give it to another member on your team.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » January 2, 2014 1:41pm | Report
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/learning-the-ropes-a-beginners-guide-to-dota-8
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/a-universal-item-guide-4900
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/tp-scroll-what-to-know-4943
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/picking-the-right-carry-5822

That should get you started. ;)

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wackyshadow » January 2, 2014 5:16pm | Report
Focus on last hitting if you are the carry for your lane. If you are the support, focus on denies and keep your Carry partner alive. You push when there are more of your guys in that lane than theirs. OR their entire (or most) of their team are dead. You can solo push but only certain heroes can do that, but you have to make sure the opposing team is not waiting for you. You have to know where they are. Don't walk into the unknown alone and feed the enemy team. As for item choice, you just have to sit down and read thru them. This way you know what to aim for when you are playing the game. Hope that help
May Dota be forever part of your life.

wackyshadow

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved