Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mystery of the Healing Tower

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Mystery of the Healing Tower 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kruggles » February 13, 2013 9:46am | Report
I was playing a game last night as Lone Druid. It was most of the way through the game, and I was focusing on ripping down the remaining towers, as I was a bit underleveled to face the other team face to face. There was only two towers outside the enemy's (Radiant's) base, and I decided to go for the center tower. As normal, I walk up to it, pop both buffs, and start pounding it. After a few moments, I stop and look at the health, and I notice it hasn't gone down very much. I keep watching, and I was shocked to watch its HP going UP rather than down.

I kept attacking it for a few seconds to confirm, and indeed, its HP was rising. I gave up, went off and attacked a different tower. We still won, but I cannot figure out why the tower's HP would be rising. There was no Treant Protector on their team, which is the only ability I know of that can heal towers.

Replay Data to come later when I have time to fetch it. I was curious whether it was some form of glitch or merely my ignorance as to other ways in which towers can heal.
Fire: If it isn't solving all your problems, then you simply aren't using it enough.

Kruggles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » February 13, 2013 11:29am | Report
Backdoor protection? if there are no allied creeps nearby then it will have very high regen to the original health that is was at.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kruggles » February 13, 2013 1:27pm | Report
It seems so. I didn't realize that was how the system works. Thanks.
Fire: If it isn't solving all your problems, then you simply aren't using it enough.

Kruggles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by harumage » February 19, 2013 6:51am | Report
Just so you know : The first tier towers do not have backdoor protection, wont heal even if there are no creeps.

harumage

Notable (15)
Steam: JESUSZHENGHONG
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » February 25, 2013 8:16am | Report
Don't be discouraged! The backdoor regen is a fixed rate, and you can easily beat it in the late game. It's meant to make it harder to "backdoor", not to make it impossible altogether.

Also, for any buildings in the enemy base, the backdoor regen is disabled if you have creeps in the enemy base. For example, if there are creeps coming in through bot lane, there's no backdoor protection for top lane towers/rax.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved