Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Microing Lone Druid

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Microing Lone Druid 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » May 28, 2013 6:00pm | Report
Hey guys,
I've started playing some more team games and have been playing a lot of off lane. I've got it down (more or less) with Dark seer and clockwerk, but I really like playing Ld and he is a great semi carry mid to late game.
However, I'm terrible at microing him and the bear. Once again, mid to late I start snowballing him but playing in lane I'm dying horribly.

I know about normal ctl grouping, but I'm just struggling to survive the laning phase. How can I practice this without getting stuck in a game thats 40 minutes long when I want to try the first 10 minutes

Thanks guys

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » May 28, 2013 6:39pm | Report
When ever I want to do something that only uses the first few minutes like jungling, unusual mid, micro I play bot games since you can leave.

I think a big problem you have is Druid is a Cary. You will have problems early because other than pushing he is not very good early. Pros will often send Lone Druid solo vs another solo and control the lane with his bear. A large part may be the captain's draft.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » May 28, 2013 7:26pm | Report
So should I only be playing LD solo lane on the safe lane (with aggresive trilane going)?

also, as far as practice, is there a way i can force the bots into a trilane?

mattyg2787

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved