Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Match win with BKB?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Match win with BKB? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by soma1294 » May 12, 2013 9:19am | Report
Hello Dotafire

Recently I had a game that lasted 90 min. They had a:
- Tinker
- Earthshaker
- Kunkka
- Bloodseeker
- Axe
We had:
- Anti-Mage
- Clinkz
- Disruptor
- Lion
-Windrunner

The game lasted for about 90 minutes. The problem in my opinion (besides some other stuff)
was, that our AM, althought he was farmed and had enough money to buy it, refused to get a BKB after i told him, that it would help him against stuns and nukes. In the end we lost because he got stunned and nuked to death, and we weren't able to defend.

His reason for not buying the BKB was, that it wouldn't have been enough time to kill the enemy in the 10sec BKB duration. I think one of the reasons we lost was this AM. I know that there was other stuff that shouldn't have happened, but still...

What do you think? Am I completeley wrong?

Match ID: 193934631 (Around 1:36:41)

soma1294

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 12, 2013 9:44am | Report
well ...id say that completely blaming him is kind of unfair. The enemy team simply had a far better lategame team, while AM was your teams only lategame hero. I , however totally agree that not getting a BkB was a fatal mistake. i havent watched the match so i can say what items the enemy get but: 6 second blind from tinker (considering his rearm ability) + a potential sheepstick (again + the rearm) + kunkka x-mark (or whatever that spell is called) + BS' rapture and axe taunt --> this is the kind of stuff that totaly destroys AM ...not only the burst and disables but also the disruption of AMs extreme high mobility (which exactly is what makes him superior to most lategame carries) got neglected and might even be the reason you lost the game.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by soma1294 » May 12, 2013 1:05pm | Report
Thanks for the reply.

I didn't want to blame him for the loss alone. I was asking because I really wanted to know if it would have helped, or if he was right, and not getting a BKB was the right choice. But i guess their team had a better lategegame and better push Heroes.

But as far as I remember, the only item they had that would really annoy him was a Ethereal Blade on Tinker.

soma1294

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved