Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to win a game?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to win a game? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kewkie » January 23, 2013 7:37am | Report
Hey guys,

i'm a bit new to Dota, i switched from LoL (played LoL around 2 Years).

But i'm getting done with this game.

No matter on what lane im playing i lost all my last 7 matches in a row.

I know it's not only the fault from my mates, but, when i got a mate who got 0/5 after around 5-6 min, writing something in chat and then leaving, it's still my fault?

How can i improve my "skills" and win?
It's like - when i got a phantom lancer on my team he sucks hard, and i mean really hard, when a PL is on the enemy team hes owning? wtf is this ****?

I love this game, i love the heroes, but the community or i mean, the low level bracket games are simply **** and hard, really hard and frustrating.

I dont want to switch back to LoL, but i start to think about it, cuz im getting mad when i lose every single game because of feeders, blamers, etc.

And why the **** are all those braindead russians on EU west? i dont get it.. i've never won a game with russians mates, NEVER...

I dont say at champ select "omg russians GG" but it's in my mind...and then, the proof is within the first 5 mins - the russians guy got 0/5-0/7 or smth like that.

So guys, any helps, tips or something? I'm really mad about the low level matches.

The first 10-15 matches were good, got 2 wins, sometime 3 in a row then a lose, but now..lose lose lose.. my ratio is 23 wins and 31 loses and it looks like it will go to 25 wins and 60 loses i guess.

Thanks.

kewkie

Steam: kewkie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 7:58am | Report
Well, you're at low skill level. You'll always encounter people who don't really care about the game.

All you can do is trying to be nice, in that way they might be nice as well.

Also, you can't do anything with Russians.. you'll meet them on any server, sooner or later.

Maybe if you pick a support, and buy wards and courier, they'll play better and not blame you?

I'm saying this because everyone is picking a carry, and no one is supporting. This is the main issue why people lose. Except no communication and arguing.

Also, my ratio is negative as well, can't do much about it. :(

The best way is to make friends to play with and have fun...
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kewkie » January 23, 2013 8:03am | Report
Thanks.

Yeah, im trying all the heroes at the moment, its for sure, that i can't carry a game easily.

I'm looking for heroes i can handle, i'm good with etc.

But it's not like when our mid got haste rune, coming top to gank, mid and me initate and our chaos knight is standing brainafk at the turret and blaming us when we both die, it's not funny and is making me mad aswell.

Well, so i have to do the one and only thing to be good in mobas (like always): play play play :/

kewkie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 8:06am | Report
kewkie wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, im trying all the champs at the moment, its for sure, that i can't carry a game easily.

I'm looking for heroes i can handle, i'm good with etc.

But it's not like when our mid got haste rune, coming top to gank, mid and me initate and our chaos knight is standing brainafk at the turret and blaming us when we both die, it's not funny and is making me mad aswell.

Well, so i have to do the one and only thing to be good in mobas (like always): play play play :/

I suggest you to visit our matchmaking section and make friends to play with.

Also, call them heroes, not champions, people get really mad :p.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kewkie » January 23, 2013 8:08am | Report
Okay thanks, i will take a look :)

Oh, okay - edited :D

kewkie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 23, 2013 8:12am | Report
kewkie wrote:

Okay thanks, i will take a look :)

Oh, okay - edited :D

if you want you can add me and il try to help you get out of low bracket. its hard but possible.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kewkie » January 23, 2013 8:19am | Report
SuperNova wrote:

if you want you can add me and il try to help you get out of low bracket. its hard but possible.

Thanks, guess i've added you on steam

kewkie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » January 23, 2013 8:57am | Report
i can help you out too, also. if you are good, you can go mid with a strong mid hero like lanaya or storm spirit. then you go and gank side lanes. and always, always go for the carry. then kill him over, and over, and over again. after that, his team will call him noob, **** carry and he will get nervous, play like ****, have no farm and your team will have a huge advantage.

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kewkie » January 23, 2013 2:04pm | Report
http://imgur.com/MhEVEYt

http://imgur.com/5N6SvGi

I'm done, i give up.. going back to lol .. frustrating, zero motivation, etc.

however, thanks for trying to help me

kewkie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SiZeMaTTeRs » January 23, 2013 8:14pm | Report
kewkie wrote:

http://imgur.com/MhEVEYt

http://imgur.com/5N6SvGi

I'm done, i give up.. going back to lol .. frustrating, zero motivation, etc.

however, thanks for trying to help me

Don't give up, trust me that I was at the same situation as you as well and I just started Dota2-ing a few days back with many losses and only 4 wins. Practice makes perfect, do not try every hero, if you are still new to Dota2, just use Skeleton King ... he is the easiest to use for beginners that's why I am still using him all this while. Also communication with each other in-game plays a huge role as well.

SiZeMaTTeRs

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved