Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to increase Xp/min?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to increase Xp/min? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » February 26, 2013 5:11am | Report
Hey everyone just a quick Q.

Like the topic says how does one increase their XP/min? I've been avging around 400-500/min while some others I've played with are 600-800 range. thanks.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 26, 2013 5:16am | Report
Farming 24/7 and killing heroes. Also, Hand of Midas gives you extra XP on use.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 26, 2013 5:24am | Report
Its all about learning to farm, where to farm, when to farm. Its an art of its own to be able to be an effective farmer.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » February 26, 2013 6:32am | Report
It doesn't matter how well you farm, you're not going to out-level or out-GPM a successful ganker.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » February 26, 2013 7:35am | Report
Atlas wrote:

It doesn't matter how well you farm, you're not going to out-level or out-GPM a successful ganker.

This is correct. Check out my game as Leshrac http://dotabuff.com/matches/135265825 . You'll notice I have the least last hits on my team, but the highest XPM by far. It's all about kills and assists, especially if your teammates have already died and you get all the exp.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 26, 2013 7:38am | Report
Atlas wrote:

I read the OP's question wrong, I thought they asked for exp and gold, not just exp. A farming carry will have more GPM then a ganker, the reason I was blabbering on about farm.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 26, 2013 7:47am | Report
All of the above is true...it also depends how long the game goes (xp/MIN) - if there's big pauses in the action or the game goes really long for whatever reason, you can expect it to drop.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » February 26, 2013 8:05am | Report
http://dotabuff.com/matches/132856354 - what can effective ganking do with your xpm and gpm :D

If you want high gpm you could also play farm-dependent carries or junglers, they have loads of gold especially with hand of midas.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » February 26, 2013 7:53pm | Report
I main invoker, and was wondering if HoM is worth the buy? I play QW and have been farming around 400-500 xp/min which I'm not sure is good enough?

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » February 26, 2013 10:06pm | Report
First of all, I might point out you should not only play one Invoker build. Different teams need different things and since your hero of choice is the most versatile, why not give them what they need? On the topic of exp/m. You really should just focus on being at ALL team fights. Your cc and aoe is huge. Simply winning team fights and farming/ganking in between them will raise your exp/m a lot! Hope this helped.

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved