Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to control your own units in the best way?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to control your own units in the best way? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Danieyawesome » October 4, 2013 8:50am | Report
Can you guys help me?
I have a problems in controlling my own units
I want to master the jungling heroes such as furion and meepo.
Thanks

Danieyawesome

Steam: Donkey®
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » October 4, 2013 9:17am | Report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooX3GS0-A4&feature=youtu.be

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 4, 2013 9:18am | Report
Meepo is not really a jungler. Nature's Prophet you don't have to micro to jungle with.(not that much).Basically each time a unit is wounded, move it out and send him back again, so the aggro will go to another that is full HP.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by thesailorboy » November 6, 2013 6:22pm | Report
be reay to be bombarded.
when you are using people who require micro, what you want to do is first set a hotkey for select all units and select all other units in your settings. with this you can control large amounts of people easily. also when you are playing heroes like phantom lancer or broodmother, you dont need to be highlighting your illusions/spiders. next, when you are playing with people with permanent units, like visage or meepo, you want to click a unit, and press control and a key(i use numbers). this will make it so you can just press that key to select that unit. you want to do this with all your units.
yeah thats all i got.

thesailorboy

Steam: NYC.Chicago
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » November 8, 2013 4:51pm | Report
For true Micro units, like Enchantress, Chen and Lone Druid, you should be able to use Tab to control them pretty effectively if you struggle with control groups.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » November 11, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Set specific groups. To set groups highlight the units you want in the group and if you want them in group 1 hit ctrl + 1. From there when you want to change to a different group hit the number key that corresponds to their group. For heroes such as Furion who have units with a time limit remember to rinse and repeat.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved