Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how to become better?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » how to become better? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R1KT4 » July 5, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Hello everyone, the last days i play a lot of Dota, but there is one problem i'm stuck at my skill level, i mostly random heroes and do the role that i got but i just have the feeling that i don't go any further and the worst thing is when i pick a good hero or random a good hero, there are idiots that don't do for what there role is, buying the courier, upgrading it, placing the wards etc. and i suffer for their mistakes!!!

I mostly play DK, Sand King, Wraith King, CM, Lich, Abaddon, Leshrac, Orge Magi, Venge.
I know what items they need depending on the situation, what skillbuild i need to go and when but like i said i feel stuck at one place and i don't go any further how can i change that???

PLS HELP :(

R1KT4

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 5, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Getting out of potato tier requires playing a lot of games, but it depends a lot on how well you play ofcourse.

You can also play some games with people from this site, so you can play with better teammates and dont have to worry about basic things like lanes and courier.

What region are you from?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R1KT4 » July 5, 2014 5:36pm | Report
South Europe - Bosnia

R1KT4

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » July 7, 2014 6:41am | Report
It's good that you have a pretty varied group of heroes that you're comfortable with. I would suggest doing research on them by reading guides here to get more familiar with alternate builds and guides.

I used to just follow the valve guides with little to no variation, but at some point you realize that you need a certain item that isn't anywhere in their build.

You can also take some time to read about each item so you can remember their stats, active effects, and what items build into them.

Once you know what items do what, it's a lot easier to modify your build to the situation.

I'd recommend playing ranked matches if you don't already. There are some tryhards here and there, but as a whole the experience is better. People are more likely to perform their roles, not pick 5 carries, and actually work as a unit.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 7, 2014 6:57am | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

I'd recommend playing ranked matches if you don't already. There are some tryhards here and there, but as a whole the experience is better. People are more likely to perform their roles, not pick 5 carries, and actually work as a unit.

Sadly, I've found this isn't the case at lower levels. It's best to wait until people start picking sensibly in unranked since you'll be at the 3.5-4k range by then, playing Ranked at anything lower isn't worth it. 8{(

The only real solution is to find a group of friends that you enjoy playing with, you'll only rarely have good games in Solo Matchmaking, whereas, with the right group, you'll enjoy most games in a 5-stack.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 7, 2014 8:28am | Report
R1KT4 wrote:

South Europe - Bosnia

If you want to play with me you can add timminator100
My current name is reggienatorr

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TacoTuesdays » August 12, 2014 2:05am | Report
I was is your shoes not 1 month ago. The best way to get better is to start to learn how to not only play your hero's well, but play your opponents down. This involves actively countering your enemies. When I say counter, i don't mean, "Oh, they have a Lina and a Zeus so ill pick up a BKB". I mean thinking about the strengths, weakness' and abilities your opponents have.

For instance, Riki is an example of someone that everyone hates playing against. To counter Riki, what you need to do is alter you PLAYSTYLE. What are Riki's best abilities? It's actually not his ultimate. It's backstab and Smoke Screen. If Riki jumps on you, your probably going to die if your away from your tower buy running away. By staying and right-clicking him, you are going to waste all the points he has put into backstab. If you wait for the smoke cloud to runs out, you can then use your spells on him. He is actually pretty squishy. Buy Dust of Appearance for a secure kill. Obviously some hero's will still die, but so much less damage is done by Riki from the front.

- Buy a Heaven's Halberd against Bloodseeker
- Choose Hero's with escapes against Ursa, Pudge and Drow Ranger

And so on.
Here's a helpful video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUwSj4S4poE

TacoTuesdays

Steam: TacoTuesdays
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 12, 2014 8:46am | Report
Kind of impossible for any of us to do anything helpful if you don't post match id/replay/dotabuff.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved