Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hot keys

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hot keys 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bob41k » February 25, 2014 12:03am | Report
Hello everyone.
I'm quite new to dota 2, but I'm very experienced PC user since I work as a web-developer. I'm wondering why most dota users use "qwer" keys instead of "asdf"? I use blind typing and I'm used to have my fingers on "asdf" keys. Using "qwer" feels so unnatural for me. Moreover all keyboards are designed to have you left hand fingers on "asdf". Are there any reasons for using "qwer" I don't see?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, it's not my mothertongue.

bob41k

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » February 25, 2014 1:33am | Report
Dota automatically binds those keys there and has a as attack move and s as stop. Also, players that play micro intensive heros (at least ones ive met and myself) tend to have the numbers as control groups so it makes it easier to micro. Heros with more than the 4 standard speels like rubick or puck also have the "special key" like the stolen spell or jaunt as the d and (if applicable) f keys for those. The only people I know that dont use qwer are legacy key users. Thanks all the reasons I know.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » February 25, 2014 3:50am | Report
To add on I know many who bind their items to 1-6 + ALT or something similar. There's nothing with asdf, probably more intuitive than legacy keys. You might get confused when people say to use your Q though.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 25, 2014 4:30pm | Report
If I pretty much got this. If you want you can't use "QWER" than go to settings/abilities/ and changed them from "QWER" to "ASDF". Mine basically are "WERD".
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » February 25, 2014 11:48pm | Report
I feel really different now, i personally use the 1234 ability set up with WASD to move the camera because of FPS history. Honestly you should change the keys to what you feel is comfortable and work with it because not everyone uses exactly the same keys, such as myself.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » February 26, 2014 11:37am | Report
Not sure if you're able to view this but here is the link to my set up.
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/skinny-finger-set-up-7119
Never have your fingers overlapping each other. As a Wc3 veteran i always use "A" to attack/deny so i shift qwer -> wert

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » March 3, 2014 3:58pm | Report
i changed from asdw for camera movement to sdfe so i can use the buttons left (a,q) for skills 5+6 because i find that easier to use. Moving there free's some buttons left of the camera movement buttons. I use 2-7 for items and a,q,w,r,t,g for skills.

sal69

Steam: sal

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved