Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with match analysis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help with match analysis 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Coded Binary » April 22, 2014 3:28am | Report
Hello guys, Im new to this place and DOTA 2 in general. I feel fairly good as i have played with bots before I went online and have played ~20 online games, with a W:L ratio above 1. I have recently played an online game as invoker after practicing with bots, and lost, yet i do not know why. I tonnes of early kills, and I feel near the end I held them off quite well, but we ended up losing. Are there any tips you guys can give me? I don't know where my dota 2 folder is, as it isn't in SteamApps where my other games are. My Steam name is Coded Binary if that helps you find it, please help me

a) find my DOTA folder and b) help me find out why I lost.

Again, I got lots of early game kills, and wasn't underleveled. Was it because of low teamwork? My teammates sucked? I missed something? They refused to buy a courier? Build choice?

It was the last match played on the 22nd of April (In Australia, +10 GMT)

Thank you in advance,

- Coded Binary

Coded Binary

Notable (1)
Steam: Coded Binary
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by This_name_is_taken » April 22, 2014 4:43am | Report
If you played well, dont see it as a loss.

Remember that teamwork is a great deal of importance. go to the forum and find my post on matchmaking under the guides thread.

if you lost in the late game, it just means that they had more pushing power(if you were still pounding them in team fights.)

But yea. most likely it was because of bad teamwork.

Also, its good to note that match making is very broken. :)

This_name_is_taken

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 22, 2014 8:01am | Report
Man_with_amusing_name is probably right, an easy way to help us find the Match ID for the game you're talking about is to use DOTABuff, then just post a link to the match. Follow the link below to learn how. <}3

http://dotabuff.com/pages/enabling-statistics

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Coded Binary » April 23, 2014 12:29am | Report
Thanks for the help. I am hesitant to blame the team, because I know people who blame the team even if it is their fault, so I just want to know there is no bias. Please let me know what i can do to improve matchmaking, as well as some good spells to carry on hotbar.

EDIT : How do you get the stats in your signature? I found the editing signature place but can't find out how to add it in.

Coded Binary

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 23, 2014 2:17am | Report
Well, you had a Huskar who was about 10 levels behind the rest of the Team, a Kunkka not far behind, no Supports (congratulations on manning up and buying Wards, and presumably the Courier, though <}3 ). Up against a well Fed Lifestealer who bought surprisingly sensible Items, there isn't much chance for an Invoker to turn the game around by himself.

I'm afraid it is as we suspected, low level DOTA with your Team being on the lowest overall level.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by This_name_is_taken » April 23, 2014 3:16am | Report
All hail broken match making. I haven't watched the game as yet but from what I heard, It sounds severely unpleasant. Don't fret though, Those games tend be as frequent as a riki these days.

This_name_is_taken

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Coded Binary » April 23, 2014 3:26am | Report
ok thanks guys. Im thinking of becoming a supportish invoker, so my role is more fitted for helping the team, because everyone is a carry these days. Is there any way of sharing replays?

Coded Binary

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 23, 2014 4:06am | Report
There is no such thing as a 'supportish' invoker.
Sure you can make mekanism on him but i dont see mekanism as a support item.

If you want to be less farm oriented invoker with more controll play quas wex.
If you want damage go quas exort.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 23, 2014 5:26am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

There is no such thing as a 'supportish' invoker.

This ^

If you're looking for a Hero who can fit into any Lane, as a Core or Support, try Mirana or Windranger. They're not the best Supports, but they can still be effective with minimal Farm. Hell, land a Sacred Arrow at lvl1 and you might just get an easy First Blood! 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 23, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Um. Yeah. I really can't blame you for the loss. Your team was horrible. Five core line ups are destined to fail.

While the other team had a decent team fight lineup.

Some games will be like this. Just don't fret over them. It will get better... eventually.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved