Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota Depression

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Dota Depression 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » February 10, 2014 12:55am | Report
Hi there,

im am suffering from some kind of Dota depression. Lost most of my recent matches. I usually end up in a team of feeders and its 1:15 after 10 minutes. The most depressing part is that despite the game being over after 20 minutes it actually takes 40 minutes because the enemy team is refusing to end this.
After having this three times in a row i disconnected because i felt i am just waiting my time here. There is no way i can compensate for the amount of feed my teammates often provide.
I am often in the impression the enemy team is made of of a group of people rather than random strangers. The resulting match will be very boring most of the times.
Also i am not a pro player and especially when i try out new chars i tend to suck too =).

sal69

Steam: sal
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 10, 2014 1:07am | Report
Perhaps you can try contacting the players you lost against on steam and ask if they want to play with you. If you get enough players, you won't have to worry about feeders anymore :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » February 10, 2014 1:56am | Report
Maybe that will help i should start making friends =).
How about ranked match making? When is the right time to start that?
I currently have around 200 games played.

sal69

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 10, 2014 2:04am | Report
sal69 wrote:

Maybe that will help i should start making friends =).
How about ranked match making? When is the right time to start that?
I currently have around 200 games played.

You can start that whenever you feel like it. At the moment, low-level ranked matchmaking is pretty much the same as normal pub. But I suggest that you pick heroes you know how to play in ranked or risk falling to lower-level matchmaking :)

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » February 10, 2014 2:33am | Report
recently i have made similar experiences. Although i was really satisfied with the ranked system thus far, recently i was quite disappointed in it..... and im not even playing low-level ranked (i have ~4.3k mmr). Its been like being grouped with 4 2k-players and playing against 5 3k ones.

Anyway ....id agree with porygon361. Make friends and play with them. Not only is it much more rewarding and fun to play, but also loosing isnt nearly as frustrating as it is in solo pubs/ranked. If playing with a skilled team, losing really isnt botheing me at all, as its due to misscommunication or stuff like that rather then because of genuinely bad people.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » February 10, 2014 2:48am | Report
Thanks for the hints. Its not really loosing that bothers me, i am just bored when a game ist lost at the 20min mark but not done after 40 minutes because the enemy team is only fooling around, fountain camping etc. This is boring like hell, this game really needs a surrender button.

sal69

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » February 10, 2014 4:51am | Report
As we are already on the topic maybe somebody wants to be friend with me =).
I live in Europe(Austria) and i am usually online around 9pm.
My steam-id is sal6969

I played around 400h of Dota and did around 200 pubs yet and a load of bot matches.

sal69

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » February 10, 2014 5:13am | Report
This happened to me to these 2 days I don't really what's going on. I'm just ending up with feeders on MMR.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » February 10, 2014 6:14am | Report
Good to see i am not alone. This happened to me many times but recently its like i am on a bad luck streak. I end up in teams full of feeders and the only communication possible is either Russian stuff i do not understand or constant flaming each other about who sucks the most...

sal69

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 10, 2014 6:21am | Report
I'm sorry, I can't play with you without at least 500 ping. I live in the SEA region :(

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved