Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Don't know what heroes my team pick

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Don't know what heroes my team pick 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kiritsu » October 23, 2012 4:51am | Report
Hi guys I'm new to dota 2 and not familiar with character pictures. I was wondering is there a way on the hero selection screen where I can know what heroes my team is shadow picking/already picked (i.e. the 5 pictures on the respective Radiant/Dire sides)? I tried scrolling over the pictures but nothing shows up. Any help will be appreciated.

Kiritsu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 23, 2012 4:53am | Report
What do you mean? While picking, at the top of your screen, in the left and right, you can see your team and the enemy team.

You can see what your team is picking, if the picture of the hero is gray, the team mate is just looking at the hero, if the picture is colored, it means the team mate chose that hero.

Is this what you need?

Or you don't know the names of the heroes?

Well, when you're in game, you can click on each of them to see their hero's name, or, you can open the scoreboard to see.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kiritsu » October 23, 2012 5:34am | Report
Thank you for your response hades4u. What I mean is I can see the heroes and their pictures but I have no idea who they are in a Character Selection Screen. I want this information so I can possibly pick something suitable for the team. I know that I can see their names when we enter the actual game but that will be past the picking phase and I might have chosen a non-helpful hero.

Kiritsu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » October 23, 2012 5:40am | Report
on the left top side of the screen you can switch between the menu and your actual game by clicking the arrow symbol

just do it and go the "learn" section, there you can find the infos you need :)

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mdn90 » October 23, 2012 8:18am | Report
If youre new you should not be playing CM and picking for your team.

mdn90

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 23, 2012 9:24am | Report
Quoted:

If youre new you should not be playing CM and picking for your team.

He's not playing CM though.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kiritsu » October 23, 2012 10:12am | Report
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll just have to learn what all the heroes look like as an easy fix haha.

Kiritsu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » October 23, 2012 11:30pm | Report
you can hover over parts of the cards to see the primary attribute and the hero's skills.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved