Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Create your own hero builds?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Create your own hero builds? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SpoonyChan » March 30, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Hello, and I have been playing dota 2 for a while, so i am not an absolute noob. And I was wondering, how do you create your own hero builds instead of following guides? Its been bugging me and I really want to know how. Thanks :)

SpoonyChan

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » March 30, 2014 11:56pm | Report
Well i'm not really good in the game but it really depends what heroes you're facing. Like if you are facing hero with a escape mechanism like blink or invis, I would get orchid or something that can disable the enemy (if you don't have a skill that disables the enemy). You should also see what your team needs.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » March 31, 2014 2:38am | Report
All I can say is from experience, as you learn to play various roles and heroes, you gather an idea of what items are good for what situations and which heroes. Really, I still like to read guides to get opinions and ideas on how to build heroes but really, it should come to you over time. I have about 250 hrs on Dota 2 and I can build a hero relative to my situation and also create a build from scratch however it takes around 2-5 games to get a working build.
Really all I can say is practice, watch others, read. nothing more.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 31, 2014 5:43am | Report
SpoonyChan wrote:

how do you create your own hero builds instead of following guides?

Do you mean creating builds in-game rather than using Valve's recommended Items or other people's guides?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nexus074 » April 28, 2014 9:30pm | Report
As far as skill build, you need to look at the enemy heroes and decide what spells are more important. I would suggest checking out a couple guides per hero on this site, maybe trying them in a bot game to see how well you do.

For item builds, you need to figure out what skill build youre using, what enemies youre up against, and what items will be most useful. You can edit your item shop by clicking the pencil and dragging items, do this in a bot game so you dont fall behind in a real game. Edit your starting, core, mid and situational items to all possible items you may need, and put them all in order or importance to make it easy.

Hope this helps

Nexus074

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved