Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Competitive matches/Teams

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Competitive matches/Teams 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Col3yf » February 5, 2013 2:26pm | Report
So my buddy plays LOL, and was talking about ranked matches. Are there ranked matches in Dota? I would like to get to the next step and for me I think that would be finding a team and moving up. Whats the best way to do this?

Col3yf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 6, 2013 4:13am | Report
Well, there's a kind of ranked matches, but you don't get any "ranked points", you just get matched against good players, it's called "Captain's Mode".

I recommend you to play it when you have a 5-man premade with mic communication.

If you want teams to play it, you can visit our Matchmaking section. :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Col3yf » February 12, 2013 2:22pm | Report
I have now taken All Pick out of the game, and trying to play all other matches. I feel it will help me get better.

Col3yf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 13, 2013 4:00am | Report
Col3yf wrote:

I have now taken All Pick out of the game, and trying to play all other matches. I feel it will help me get better.

Playing with a team is always better, since you'll get matched with another teams and it will be more challenging.

Also, Team Matchmaking got added, that's good to find another teams to play with. :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Asway » February 17, 2013 4:04pm | Report
Start playing a lot of Captains mode and watching a lot of competitive matches. In game tickets are massive, they allow you to do the following

A) Watch LIVE competitive matches, you control the camera so you deiced what you want to see.
B) Re-Watch matches to figure out what happened in team fights and who did what
C) If you're a support player, you can follow professional support players around and see what they do for the first 10 minutes.
D) Ward spots, this is massive. If you can figure out what are the key wards spots, being able to find and counter them within the first minute is super simple.

Both GosuGamers and JoinDota have match tickers, allowing you to figure out when matches are being played.

Asway

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved