Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

can i have critique

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » can i have critique 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 7, 2014 5:31pm | Report
After playing tiny in obt matches i felt ready to play a pub.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/643187070
This is the game, can someone tell me what i could have done better. I was playing with 2 of my friends and my brother and we were all on skype, so I had some lag, but also co-ordination with my team.

It is an hour long game, so this is not for the faint of heart. Thanks in advance.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 7, 2014 9:07pm | Report
I haven't actually watched the game, just looking at kda and items. Considering KDA it looks like you went pretty well. Only item I disagree with is the sheep stick, I think a longer silence to pick off abbadon or slark would have been better like an orchid, that or a damage item, only one you have is the aghs, you could have got a Daedalus or something I think.

The other teams item choices where downright stupid. carry abbadon, why lifesteal? pudge should have the urn, he should have got things like an AC or heart for tankyness and a damage item like daedelus or mkb to counter butterflies. I mean really, sange and yasha lol what? could be much better spent. Your bb also wated cash on blade mail kind as well, he has it inbuilt, mainly issues seem to be with other players, so basically, you did good bro
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 7, 2014 9:48pm | Report
I'd agree with Fleet, an Orchid may be have been a better item. I also haven't watched the match, but from looking at the skill build, I think I speak for everyone by saying with your skill build, you should aim to max both Toss and Avalanche before you get a point in any other skill.

Also your tide hunter's skill build is slightly painful...

I might spend time to watch your match later.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 7, 2014 11:01pm | Report
I dont agree with the others, hex is a much better item then orchid, i dont know why you would reccomend orchid? You cant cast spells during a hex either and it gives much more benefits.

I have never seen the math on a tiny skillbuild but whenever i see a carry tiny he goes for ult at lvl 6 which is the right choice, the 4-4-0-0 build was usually seen with the old arcane blink dagger mid build.
But i think every pro player goes for grow at lvl 6. So your skillbuild is fine.

How is tide's build painfull? It is a great 1 v 1 build. I dont know what scenario he was in but it is viable.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 8, 2014 1:12am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I dont agree with the others, hex is a much better item then orchid, i dont know why you would reccomend orchid? You cant cast spells during a hex either and it gives much more benefits.

Orchid lasts for quite a bit longer and deals damage making it easier to shutdown clinkz and abbadon. Honestly I would have just gone for a damage item like I said ^ daedelus, mkb, or if you feel confident of never dyeing a rapier

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 8, 2014 1:19am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

Orchid lasts for quite a bit longer and deals damage making it easier to shutdown clinkz and abbadon. Honestly I would have just gone for a damage item like I said ^ daedelus, mkb, or if you feel confident of never dyeing a rapier

sure its a bit longer longer duration, but come on, a hex is so such better, i think the mayority of people will agree. the slark can still attack or run away in the orchid, and so can the abbadon, and it also disables things like evasion. and prevents active items like abbadon's abyssal.

so no doubt, hex is 100% better.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 8, 2014 4:15am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

sure its a bit longer longer duration, but come on, a hex is so such better, i think the mayority of people will agree. the slark can still attack or run away in the orchid, and so can the abbadon, and it also disables things like evasion. and prevents active items like abbadon's abyssal.

so no doubt, hex is 100% better.

whatever you say tim

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 8, 2014 4:24am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

whatever you say tim

i think that after all my critique you dont like me :P

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » May 8, 2014 5:11am | Report
The sheep stick is better in this situation, also take into account it also benefits the hero stat-wise, the ultimate orb gives him needed stats. Orchid on Tiny? I'm not a proponent, if you know how to land tosses properly, you won't need the damage increase from the silence on the orchid, stun+toss at lvl 8-9 depending on when you grab his ultimate should kill almost any hero. Sheep stick allows you to chase and shut down slippery heroes, and also counters the evasion the other teams slark had.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 8, 2014 7:17am | Report
Okay, I've watched the replay (at x8 speed 8{D ), so here's a few observations...

You started with an old-school Bottle Rush, A set of Tangoes and 3 Iron Branches. I'd recommend trying getting 1 or 2 Pooled Tangoes from your Supports (I assume at least one of them was a friend), and 2 or 3 Iron Branches. By buying only 2 Branches, you can afford your Bottle after clearing the 1st Creep Wave, so feel free to use Avalanche to secure a Last Hit or 2. (This applies to a lot of Mid Heroes and is done in pr0fessional games, I'm even including stuff like this in my upcoming DK guide <}3 )

Next, you stood too close to the Tier 3 Tower, I would stand at the Tier 2 or just behind it when you want to Creep Block, as sometimes the Creeps will spawn behind the Tier 3 and split up into 2 Groups, making them hard to block until they reach the Tier 2.

Laning-wise, you need to be more aggressive, the Legion Commander was walking up to your Creep Wave and just Auto Attacking it, pushing it into the Tower and making it harder for you to Last Hit. Try running up to her and smacking her around, if she's going to Push the Lane, use Avalanche to Push it back...

...that brings me to the next issue, Last Hitting, always prioritise getting Last Hits over anything aside from living and getting Kills, with 67 Damage at lvl1 and a 100 AoE Damage Nuke, you can Flash Farm Creps from a distance while Harrassing if needs be. You're going for a fast Bottle anyway, so don't be afraid to spend your Mana. You lost a few Last Hits from trying to get Denies instead, and while it seems like a good trade, it's better if you Farm up.

Eventually, you turned round and Avalnche -> Tossed her while she was under the Tower, it was a good idea and could have netted you a Kill, but sadly, you Tossed too quickly, so she didn't get hit with Avalanche the First time round, when going 1 vs 1 against a Legion Commander, you ned to make sure you Kill her in one go, so you needed to Harrass her with Auto-Attaks to bring her HP down to the point where 1 nicely executed combo == instant death. Look at when you comboed her again at around 9:30, you used up most of your Mana, and all you did was force out a Press the Attack and her Bottle chrages. Having said that, 9:14 and 10:10...Nice Ganks, perfect comboes <}3

For the Mid-Game, you tended to overextend a bit, but so did someone else each time, skipping ahead...

I personally wouldn't recommend getting Arcane Boots on a Tiny, with Power Treads you can Tread Switch to get more Mana out of your Bottle early on. I certainly wouldn't seel the whole Arcanes to buy my Travel Boots either, not when I can just Disassemble them and sell the Mana Booster. ;{)

You probably should have popped your Manta Style more often as well, and use the Illusions to Split-Push and Farm, so the Creep Waves were Pushed out a bit more. Also, at around 52:00, your Team had managed to Kill of 4 of them, yet only the Void bothered to Push afterwards, you probably could have gotten their Tier 3 Mid if you'd simply rushed the Creep Wave straight to it, maybe leaving behind 1 Support to keep the Top Wave from Pushing into your Base (thankfully, you managed to do this 3 minutes later...although dat Void...). If they'd bouhgt back, you might have even picked them off 1 by 1, fed, and you'd have won the game there and then.

Pr0 Tip:- When at least 3 Heroes (not just 3 Meepoes) on the other Team are dead and you have your entire Team, or if their entire Team is dead and you're the last man standing, forget about getting Items, forget about Farming, even forget about Healing up and just Push!

P.S. That 3-man Chrono that where you lost your Bottom Tower...LMFAO!!! Submitted to "DOTA 2 Fails Of The Week" X{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved