Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Camera speed, deceleration and auto attack ON/OFF

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Camera speed, deceleration and auto attack ON/OFF 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zazail123 » May 24, 2014 8:32pm | Report
If there is a thread opened about this question of mine, delete this one and just send me a link if you can since I am new here and I am not sure if there is a thread already made about this.

Is there an optimal setting that pros use for camera speed and deceleration? I've seen some commentary from Merlini about this, but since options are changed now, and there are other rules of thumb for camera speed and deceleration now, I am not sure if it is a matter of preference or there is an "optimal" setting for those. Haven't seen any good discussions on that topic on the internet.

And my second question is about auto attack setting. I 've seen good players with the setting on and others with the setting off. I am generally aware for the pros and cons that both have, even if the pros for auto attack OFF are more than those for auto attack on, except the lazy S right click S, for hp trading and harassment which can be done with right click on target hero and right click on other place, but still, I want to see your opinion about the subject.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Zazail123

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 25, 2014 1:58am | Report
I can't exactly help you with the optimal camera speed settings as I just move my mouse around quickly :3
however you should always turn auto attack off. If you want to auto attack just use force attack and click on the ground; that way you will auto attack everything that comes near that point or anyone you encounter on your way to that point.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 25, 2014 3:22am | Report
I disagree, turning on autoattack is NOT worse.
It just depends on personal preference. For me it helps a lot with timing hard lasthits well by using the stop command and autoattack.

And it doesnt depend on player skill at all, i know that for example dendi has autoattack turned on.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 25, 2014 3:53am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I disagree, turning on autoattack is NOT worse.
It just depends on personal preference. For me it helps a lot with timing hard lasthits well by using the stop command and autoattack.

And it doesnt depend on player skill at all, i know that for example dendi has autoattack turned on.

Agreed, it all comes down to preference. Personally, I have it turned off, as I have a good sense of rythmn, so I usually prefer to time a single Attack each time for every Last Hit. I also have "Auto-Attack after Spell" turned off, but I do occassionally miss it when playing Dragon Knight or Storm Spirit, since those guys are good for mixing Auto-Attacks in between their Spells.

I don't know why people think some settings are good or bad, or why people hate Legacy keys. Then again, I could probably make those people cry with Rage if I showed them my Key-Bindings (Custom Legacy with a twist) 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zazail123 » May 25, 2014 3:58am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Agreed, it all comes down to preference. Personally, I have it turned off, as I have a good sense of rythmn, so I usually prefer to time a single Attack each time for every Last Hit. I also have "Auto-Attack after Spell" turned off, but I do occassionally miss it when playing Dragon Knight or Storm Spirit, since those guys are good for mixing Auto-Attacks in between their Spells.

I don't know why people think some settings are good or bad, or why people hate Legacy keys. Then again, I could probably make those people cry with Rage if I showed them my Key-Bindings (Custom Legacy with a twist) 8{3

I guess stuff like key settings is a personal preference, that's always the case from my experience with the previous games I've played.

But what I am interested for the most are the camera speed options since I believe there is some range of camera speed and deceleration which is more preferable.

Zazail123

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 25, 2014 5:35am | Report
I only know that commentators lower their camera acceleration to make it look better for the viewers.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved