Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Automove/Attack?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Automove/Attack? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cunnyling » August 8, 2014 10:45am | Report
Is it wise to leave autoattack and autoattack after casting on as the default options? I've noticed a few times that I will try to run from a hero/mob, and when I click a short way off, my hero will run right back at them to autoattack. Died a few times this way.

What do the veterans do?

Cunnyling

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 8, 2014 10:48am | Report
They leave it on because they are used to it (talking about the pros). You should do as you feel.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » August 8, 2014 10:51am | Report
Depends fully on how you're used to play. For example I have auto attack turned off, but auto attack after casting turned on and I switch it to off only when playing Earth Spirit (because otherwise you will NEVER hit any good Q).
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 8, 2014 12:01pm | Report
its purely personal preference, use what works for you. personally i have it on.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » August 8, 2014 12:15pm | Report
On some some heroes it gets really annoying if you leave auto-attack after spell on. For example, as Tinker you TP, blink into trees and cast march and then comes the auto-attack giving away your hiding spot.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 8, 2014 11:51pm | Report
I have it turned off just because I think that you should be focusing on just last hitting and denying so auto attack makes you pus the lane more (which is bad).
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved