Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Absolutely brand new to dota

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Absolutely brand new to dota 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AntGonz » May 24, 2013 6:13am | Report
I'm brand new to dota or MOBAS in general. I've been playing against bots but I want to get the exp of playing with real players. If anybody wants to play/give me help on learning the ropes my steam id is xXDonk3yK0ngXx. If your also new def hit me up we can learn together.
Just wanna have fun!

AntGonz

Steam: xXDonk3yK0ngXx
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolibium » May 25, 2013 9:31am | Report
i can help u with the initial steps and play with u i can atleast make u stronger than msot people your level :)
Ill add u if u need

Demolibium

Steam: Danté's Demon
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » June 2, 2013 5:13pm | Report
Hey man. Welcome to Dota. Prepare to get beaten like a red headed step child.

Seriously though, what times are you on and what servers do you play on?
As well as adding more experienced players on steam, just start solo queing for some pub games. The bad side to being grouped up with someone on 100+ wins is that you play the same level of opponents as them. I made this mistake early on which is why my w/l looks terrible. The advantage to this is you get to step straight up to a harder level of play. but be warned. You'll get smashed early on.

Add me - Mattyg2787 if your in Aus(or play on those servers)

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 3, 2013 12:47pm | Report
I suggest you read Atlas's guide to newcomers in DOTA/DOTA 2.He really explains stuff really well.Although it might seem really hard learning the ropes at the start, you will persevere through hard effort and you're going to eventually have fun in the end.

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/learning-the-ropes-a-beginners-guide-to-dota-8

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crit_Happens » June 10, 2013 8:18am | Report
I suggest that you continue playing against bots until you got the grip of playing DotA. If you haven't got much of an idea and you play proper online matches then you will most probably lose and get called a noob and other demeaning words. So my advice to you would to be to only start playing proper DotA matches when you feel that you are quite capable to play a decent match and win. Best of luck!

Crit_Happens

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved