Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

why is lol so popular

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » why is lol so popular 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drunkelf » April 10, 2014 3:09am | Report
i heard the best heroes cost money effectvly making it pay to win that loading a game takes forever why is lol so popular?

Is lol the harry potter of gaming because we all know harry potter is bad and still its massively sucessfull

"the wizard dont choose the wand harry the wand chooses the wizard"

drunkelf

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » April 10, 2014 3:53am | Report
Cause LoL is easier than Dota.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » April 10, 2014 4:16am | Report
I will show you the way heathen.

the thing is LoL, was made to suffice for noobs who want to breathe the toxic farts of the LoL community who themselves have, on many a occasion, admitted to being,"incorrigible" and just "plain toxic".

Riot just cannot make the balance between a free-to-play and a optional payment kind of game.the skins are....okay.the champions are...well...adapted,to say the least.The most obnoxious thing though,is the runing system.paying money to get extra benifits at level 1?I mean what the **** man!armour penetration,magic penetration,extra regen,extra hitting power,You name it, they got it.not to mention the amount of time it takes to unlock ONE ****ING HERO.1 HERO.

lets come to the game-play.Riot releases new OP heroes and then nerfs them into oblivion after a few patches,just to pull 'em out of their grave afterwards,Eg.Olaf.That manhunter was the manliest of men (comparable to axe in that aspect).they nerfed him and Kaboom.Unplayable now.

Icefrog,he doesn't nerf heroes,HE MAKES THEM ALL OP.
I mean if you see,every hero in DoTA is good at what that hero is supposed to do,the best in-fact.this leaves so much to the player's skill that it leaves every person who playes DoTA either addicted or confused (LoL trash).

graphics,you know there's no comparison.

game mechanics are unbeatable.

then why,WHY is LoL more popular?
BECAUSE ITS EASY.ITS FORGIVING.

In dota you die, you lose money.You cant tp whenever you want.You dont have extra skills to protect you(flash and shield) you can farm easily (no denies,attack animation is forgiving).There is actually a hero in LoL (nasus) which gives you damage for LAST HITTING (yeah legion that's your corner to cry in).builds are very inflexible in LoL,not to say anything about it being so easy to make them(no death gold penalty)

nonetheless,the popularity of DoTA is increasing and LoL is dying.Which game is better is for you to decide.let me give you a hint.(DoTA IS ****ING BETTER)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drunkelf » April 10, 2014 4:29am | Report
I must say I spent an hour looking at moba games last night because I just entered this genre a week ago.Those games dont look good for me if not for dota 2 I might have given up on this genre completly

Heroes of the storm is coming soon maybe that wll be good as well will see.At least I now know not to bother with lol

drunkelf

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 10, 2014 5:59am | Report
Quoted:
There is actually a hero in LoL (nasus) which gives you damage for LAST HITTING

Shadow Fiend

Nothing much more to say. League of Legends is easier, and more forgiving than Dota is. And there's a lot of money in its e-sports scene. Though, these days I can't say that's a big factor any longer considering Dota's e-sports boom.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 10, 2014 6:35am | Report
It's not that the game is easier per say its a more accessible port of the original Dota, the community isn't nearly as bad as HoNs was either, it's a Dota style game, elitest attitudes and ignorance run amok in all of these Moba's or whatever the **** they call them now.
You have less to think about, and less mechanics to consider, but it is more focused on fast pace pvp. I wouldn't say League of Legends is dying either, the last championship series put out a bigger prize pool than TI3, and there are still a lot more LoL players than Dota 2.
IMO Dota 2 is a far superior game in terms of balance, mechanics, and depth, but League is easier to pick up, and still has a very high skill curve.

League is simply as popular as it is because of how long it's been out, and how accessible it is in comparison to dota, easier to pick up and learn.

I just wouldn't jump on the LoL is trash bandwagon because it is a fun game, I just prefer the Dota aesthetics and gameplay a lot more.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 10, 2014 6:49am | Report
Lol was created while dota was still WC 3 map, it was easier for ppl to start playing lol rather than downloading WC 3, installing newest patches, downloading dota map and playing on bnet etc.
Also many dota allstars players switched to lol.

EDIT. Also many people like that typical mmo progress you have in lol. In dota you have everything unlocked and the only thing that changes is your skill in the game, when in lol you unlock new 'champions' and other *****.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » April 10, 2014 8:53am | Report
We all know Harry Potter is bad? Lets be a bit more specific. The movies, yes, are pretty horrible representations of a great book series.

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » April 12, 2014 8:30am | Report

Shadow Fiend

Nothing much more to say. League of Legends is easier, and more forgiving than Dota is. And there's a lot of money in its e-sports scene. Though, these days I can't say that's a big factor any longer considering Dota's e-sports boom.

there is a limit to Shadow Fiend's damage limit.nasus has no limit.

i have gotten about 600+ damage stacked on nasus(other team left me alone) and was taking down towers SOLO.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wonderbawlz » April 13, 2014 3:40am | Report
I started playing leageu and i main Nasus and boy he Q's the Everythign on sight, plus if you get clease that is some theorycrafting stuff boys

Wonderbawlz

Steam: ^KSY!
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved