Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What the heck does Rod of Atos do?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What the heck does Rod of Atos do? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » March 19, 2016 2:17pm | Report
I've been away for a while but I'm back with a burning question in mind, what does the "accuracy" component of the Rod of Atos active do??

There's always too many factors going on in-game for me to tell and I don't even know what to test, so someone please explain this concept to me :P
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 19, 2016 2:20pm | Report
When you attack an atos'd target, there is a 40% chance that your attack cannot miss whatsoever.

Essentially it removes 40% of the target's evasion.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » March 19, 2016 2:28pm | Report
Ah so it improves your chances of hitting a target with high evasion, and it doesn't only give you 40% accuracy right? just making sure I've got this haha
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 19, 2016 2:44pm | Report
Dotafire's description is misleading. It increases accuracy AGAINST the target, giving any attack 40% chance to be a truestrike attack.

Think of it as of an old Headshot back when it gave you 40% truestrike, that's the same thing here. Not like it was a factor when you played Sniper against evasion heroes, so neither is the new active. Even vs 100% evasion it just cuts it down to 60%. Windranger with 60% evasion is still almost impervious to rightclicks so it makes no difference compared to the slow.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 19, 2016 3:56pm | Report
Wait... I thought it was the other way?

Is it Evasion - Accuracy?

I thought it was Evasion - (Evasion*Accuracy)

Which means that only if you missed, then 40% of the time you will not miss.

idk

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » March 19, 2016 6:38pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Wait... I thought it was the other way?

Is it Evasion - Accuracy?

I thought it was Evasion - (Evasion*Accuracy)

Which means that only if you missed, then 40% of the time you will not miss.

idk

Actually, yes. It means exactly that. If you were to miss, you have a 40% chance to hit.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 20, 2016 12:44am | Report
It doesn't matter. Getting truestrike 40% of the time already means you get truestrike on 40% of the hits you miss.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved