Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Undying - where to put, what to do with?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Undying - where to put, what to do with? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » April 21, 2014 6:00pm | Report
Hi guys

So the topic is in the title, how do you guys think Undying is best utilised? I've been playing him a lot in pubs and many people have different ideas of where he should go, having tried out every role except jungle and mid.

His ability for early aggression is amazing, destroying their hp with Decay and Soul Rip and to be an early tank due the the health stolen. He also has nice teamfight potential with Tombstone and Flesh Golem.

In a captains draft game, my friend and I tried out an aggressive trilane of Tusk, Silencer, Undying. Our lane completely trashed and we snowballed (literally :-p) to victory. Tusk was the carry in the lane.

So what do you guys think about the best way to use Undying?

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 21, 2014 6:50pm | Report
Agressive trilane, really thats all where he fits, the guy needs an early game impact because he falls of real hard mid to late game.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by This_name_is_taken » April 21, 2014 11:31pm | Report
i agree with abbadon._.E43.

Undying needs a very aggressive early game. tri-lane would be best, because he can do so much harassment. Late game he can get pretty annoying, having high MS and such, he's purpose mainly becomes sort of like crowd control and a good team fight initiator and even a good support.

This_name_is_taken

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » April 21, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Not necessarily, i personally prefer him in a 2-1-2 ( lanes ). he's EXTREMELY strong early to mid game as his tombstone can slow and deal tons of damage and combined with your ultimate it makes him extremely strong. As the game progresses he does in fact falls off, so in order to keep up he's extremely item dependent as well.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 22, 2014 9:50am | Report
I've actually been quite successful running him as a solo offlaner, he has the capacity to utterly destroy trilanes because of Decay and Tombstone. The only scary prospect of running him solo is he can be locked down pretty hard by good cc, but with enough stacks of decay is pretty damn hard to take down. His ultimate can make team fights miserable for the enemy team as well because it provides a damage amplification aura (overlooked a bit). Aggressive trilanes suit him quite well, depending on the situation, you can max Decay over Tombstone depending on how they're dealing with the harassment, and their lineup, ie. for example, decay works best against heroes with escape mechanisms anti mage, as tombstone will be all but wasted if they can just get away, and the 4 sec cd helps the earlier you get it. Pair him with super aggressive supports and a carry that does well early-mid and you have the capability to absolutely destroy ****. Crystal Maiden works very well with him, as he is a mana hungry hero, and her stun and slow aid him in getting very easy kills.
Disruptor is also disgusting with him, trap a few heroes and silence them, drop a tombstone in there with decays and nomnomnom.
The premise of the hero is to be super aggressive and gain an early advantage, turn early-mid team fights into a massive cluster****, and push, if you fail at gaining early advantages he's absolute deadweight and falls off hard.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved