Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Shanghai Sven

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Shanghai Sven 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » February 27, 2016 3:34pm | Report
The final group of the Group Stage in Shanghai plays today and while there's already plenty of drama, delays and questionable production value, there's also been some good Dota being played!

While we can debate as to whether SEA teams such as Phoenix and Fnatic went through the qualifier with weighted training clothes, I'd instead like to focus on Sven, whose been seeing quite a bit of action already and aside Mushi trying him once, has pretty much been exclusively picked up by Chinese teams and has enjoyed quite a bit of success already.

So, what do you guys make of this influx of manliness? Is he meta enough to compliment his masculinity? And will his success continue into the main event or will teams have adjusted to where they can deal with him?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 27, 2016 3:47pm | Report
Sven has been a pretty popular pick across the patch as a whole, not just exclusive to the Major. (34th most picked heroes on the patch according to DatDOTA AT 118)

From what I've noticed there's been a lot of SnY Sven with focus on Great Cleave just due to the efficiency the skill gives you in an organised environment. Stacking ancients and such. Plus the fact he scales really, really well on top of being able to fight early means he's a great fit for the patch. Because he fits into the frequent early fights and can scale really well (If not just get ahead of the enemy in a passive game)

He has dropped off a little relative to earlier in the patch where he was really popular, but he's still a solid hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved