Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked match

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranked match 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 4, 2014 8:53pm | Report
I leveled up to level 13 for like 2 matches ago, should I start playing ranked or stick to "normal" a bit more?

Hagwill

Steam: Hagwill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 4, 2014 9:05pm | Report
Depends on how comfertable you are with the game, i didn't start playing ranked until recently, and even then i don't play it a lot because i know im not that good, so I personally play normal to get better, and who knows, one day i might play only ranked. But, it definatly deppends on how comforatable you are with the game because there is a learning curve with the players you will face.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 4, 2014 9:26pm | Report
ok, thx

Hagwill

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 5, 2014 1:02am | Report
It depends, if you can play a Snowballing Hero like Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, etc. and you're confident you can win a game 1 vs 5, you're ready for Solo Ranked.

You're ready for Party Ranked whenever you find 4 people to play with who understand which Heroes fit which Situation (or at least as the guy who does) and can play them reasonably well.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 5, 2014 3:04am | Report
There should be no real difference, as you will get matched with people at your skill level anyway. You just might want to get a little better and then start playing ranked, so you don't end with 1k mmr :D
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 5, 2014 3:34am | Report
Thx for all the "tips"! :D

Hagwill

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrimarchXIII » April 6, 2014 8:09pm | Report
I have played a lot of random pubs both by myself and with friends but I have only recently played ranked matches as I am interested to see what MMR I would get (assuming that it should be low). In my games so far (solo ranked), most have been great with competent players picking a well balanced team (me as support of course) and working well together ftw. I did play one match where the pics were bad, top and mid fed while I was bot getting harassed constantly, and then 20 mins in we were turtling and my team started to play the 'blame game' and raged at each other. That kind of dashed my illusion that ranked games were always going to be played with mature people. If you play solo ranked, maybe tell your team what role/ character you would like to play, if there is time. Otherwise, just wait until you are the last to pick so that you can judge which character might be best for the situation. Communicate with your team, as always, and have fun. Hopefully you get a rank you are happy with! Lates.

PrimarchXIII

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved