Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need help with Dota causing my computer to freeze.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Need help with Dota causing my computer to freeze. 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lord Scrambles » May 24, 2012 5:17am | Report
Hey, I found this site a while back; and since I'm getting a bit tired of playing pugs where-in my teams are often horrendously incompetent, I decided on join to look for a team of competitive players.

However, before I can join a team there is an issue I need to address. You see, every once in a while I'll be playing a match, and all of the sudden my computer will just completely freeze. Everything on the screen stops entirely, the sounds stops, the screen locks, I can't move the cursor, and I can't minimize/ctrl-shift/etc. I have to do a complete reset with my computer and I can never re-join the game in time.

I really need to fix this issue, but from the other trouble-shooting threads I've read, it seems like people are experiencing something a bit different from this. For anyone interested, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and my computer specs far exceed the required presets to run the game.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Fear the Lord of the Hurricane.

Lord Scrambles

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved