Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Monkey King revealed

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Monkey King revealed 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » August 13, 2016 12:20am | Report
As some probably know, there was a trailer at TI today, revealing the new champion, henceforth known as "Monkey King" for the time being. Voice by the same person who voiced McCree, in fact.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2016 9:22am | Report
Based off of the Chinese lore, something I'm quite familiar with indeed. His abilities would be pretty cool.

I wonder if it will be similar to the Monkey King in HoN and Wukong (the chinese pinyin) in LoL?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » August 13, 2016 9:25am | Report
Pretty sure Wu Kong is a hero in pretty much a hero in every moba in some way, shape or form by now.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 14, 2016 4:35am | Report
RIP pubs when he comes out :)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » August 14, 2016 4:40am | Report
Monkey King's 6.80 beta abilities for the wc3 DotA:
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Monkey_King/Old_Abilities
Its a illusion based hero, based on valve's trailer and by his old abilities
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » August 14, 2016 4:58am | Report
Fedorable wrote:

Pretty sure Wu Kong is a hero in pretty much a hero in every moba in some way, shape or form by now.

this

EDIT: I don't really like the trailer tho. The voice doesn't fit what Sun Wukong is like and the way they portray the character makes him look like a macho and somewhat of a douchebag. In the lore he is more of a trickster and defines himself as a demon who has beaten dragons (while being the king of the monkeys but that really isn't so emphasised in the Journey to the West)

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 14, 2016 5:03am | Report
Looks like a fairly solid carry to me.

Wonder how well he rats...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 14, 2016 8:39am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

this

EDIT: I don't really like the trailer tho. The voice doesn't fit what Sun Wukong is like and the way they portray the character makes him look like a macho and somewhat of a douchebag. In the lore he is more of a trickster and defines himself as a demon who has beaten dragons (while being the king of the monkeys but that really isn't so emphasised in the Journey to the West)

Check the Chinese reveal. He's awesome there. He refers to himself with all the names there are.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » August 15, 2016 3:58pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

I don't really like the trailer tho. The voice doesn't fit what Sun Wukong is like and the way they portray the character makes him look like a macho and somewhat of a douchebag.

All I heard in the trailer is "IT'S HIGH NOON!"

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » August 15, 2016 9:22pm | Report
Built wukong in warframe and now this. Wowie

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved