Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lesson learnt

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Lesson learnt 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » February 23, 2016 1:23am | Report
Don't ever be sarcastic in games, because some idiots will take you seriously.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2172335153

This game in picking phase i picked a spectre second, then watched as my team picked weaver and invoker. then i said jokingly, leave me alone in bot, because spectre is the strongest hero in the game and he can totally solo lane from level one. kappa directly after that. then, the fella picked np, and went afk jungle mode for 15 minutes. i again said that spectre could totally solo lane, after silencer went top to follow weaver and i was solo lane. kappa again. then every single lane started to lose except invoker, no surprise there. silencer came to bot at 5 minutes to help, then went off again to leave me solo vs slark. 20 minutes later, np looked at me and raged, saying i have no items, and actually brought up that i said i didn't need a support.

lesson learnt, don't be sarcastic.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » February 23, 2016 1:33am | Report
Lmao, I can relate to that. I had the same experience once. Although I was against a lina.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 23, 2016 2:21am | Report
Offlane Spectre is totally legit and is one of the most effective ways to win games in the current meta. You only lost this game because you didn't use the early roaming possibilities of the hero.

EDIT : KAPPA ;)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » February 23, 2016 2:25am | Report
It wasn't offlane spec, it was safelane solo. And I was up against Zeus and slark. What do I do in that situation? I had absolutely no access to the creeps and I can't roam around either. All of their cores plus Zeus can easily kill me.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved