Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to improve DoTA

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How to improve DoTA 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

should a team be allowed to surrender if all 5 members decide to do it?
yes
no
i don't know
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mvmihir » February 25, 2016 2:03pm | Report
HI guys! I have some serious suggestions on the way to make the DoTA experience enjoyable always and not make people feel like frustrated and depressed which happens frequently.
1. Surrender option, a button, which if all 5 players in a team accept should surrender the game after say 15 mins. The main reason for toxic flaming and reports is when we already know that we are losing a game but cannot escape but endure it for another 30 mins.
lack of this leads to players reporting their teammates, abandoning, afk, intentional feeding etc.
2. Fix the MMR: the mmr should be calculated for individual heroes as detailed in my original post, as the performance varies with hero, and we should be given 5 or 6 ratings based on the hero pool: our best 25 heores, next best and so on..
the mmr should not be based on win or lose but contribution with the hero, which can calculated with the data generated.
before the start of match search we should select the pool of heroes we are going to play from, thus we are matched with really similar skilled people.
Or someone with our own mmr may be op with one hero or ****ty with another one. This is the reason for someone rampaging the whole match or sucking badly even though they are at our own mmr.
3. There are not game rooms in DoTA. There are no lists of lobbies being hosted on different servers.
due to lack of rooms and games not being displayed the community cannot evolve custom rules, like CWB in total war games. We can set custom rules like no riki or enchantress, no black king bar or aether lens and so on.
they should also allow us to choose the kind of role we wish to play like say, tank, carry, support, mid, hardlane, the games being displayed in the rooms should also be narrowed down accordingly.
We can also choose the roles that are to be filled when creating a game. So if no support player comes, then we can accept a player with semi-support and tank, requesting him 'before' admitting him that he should buy some wards.
ps: i love dota, and these are constructive suggestions. Only comment if you read these and have something constructive to say instead of flaming. :steamhappy:

mvmihir

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 25, 2016 2:13pm | Report
Man. It's the third thread you created on the exact same subject.

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/general/why-i-quit-dota-or-how-to-make-dota-better-66401#lastcomment
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/general/how-to-improve-dota-66451#lastcomment

Can you comment on either of the two threads you already made instead of making new ones for no reason? If you want to add something, put it there instead. One topic, one thread.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mvmihir » February 25, 2016 2:16pm | Report
hi. they deleted those two, but added them again. i did not see it. sry.

mvmihir

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved