Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How does your Pentagon look?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How does your Pentagon look? 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Is yours accurate?
It's like it knows me
It's interesting but only in a very general way
Tells me nothing of use
I think Volvo got mine confused with someone else
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 11, 2015 10:03am | Report
One of the new features of the new engine is this funny little pentagon thing which supposedly characterises your playstyle. I quite like that you see it change fairly frequently as it's based on your last 20 games or so, rather than never moving cos it's based on thousands or whatever.

This is mine:

The lessons seem to be that I play a lot of different heroes, with a strong support streak...fairly average in all the rest.

I've looked through a few friends and seen a variety of weird and wonderful shapes - what does yours look like? Do you think it reflects your playstyle?

Has there been any official announcements on how it calculates it all?

From Dotabuff, I reckon I've played 18 different heroes in the last 20 matches, and about half have been supports. Kinda hard to see the rest without digging into the stats. But I'd guess:

1) Pushing = Building Damage
2) Fighting = Hero Damage/Kills?
3) Farming = Last Hits/Gold Total?

Would also guess the last 2 are relative to others in the game maybe? Or do you think it's overall GPM?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 11, 2015 10:31am | Report
I have essentially the same as Sando's except with a lot more farming.

Fits pretty well. Greedy support = best support XD

Think versatility is linked to the different roles (in the picking screen) and how many you play regularly.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 11, 2015 12:38pm | Report
2 tangos pls and don't disturb the cour till I get my Bottle. Ty.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 11, 2015 1:16pm | Report
Same of sando, mine has max versality and pushing, some supporting and almost nothing of farm and fighting

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 11, 2015 1:35pm | Report
0.92 versatility and the rest are in 50s

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 11, 2015 3:49pm | Report
I've carefully cultivated my Dota pentagram to ensure it actually reflects what I do in dota. As it stands, .95 farming, .93 pushing. I don't care about the other three.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 11, 2015 8:39pm | Report
Oh, my push is in 70s(!) And the killing part is in 40s

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Olsenbb » November 25, 2015 1:29am | Report
Mine is leaned a lot towards support side.

Olsenbb

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved