Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How can i improve my Naga ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How can i improve my Naga ? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 27, 2016 12:44pm | Report
So, i starting to play naga this patch, i am doing the Rat God build, i start with a quelling blade, tangos, Fairy fire and Stout shield.

Until 10 min, i max illusions and have 3 levels on my nuke, 1 lvl on net and ult, i build a Poorman shield Mana boots wand and a Iron Talon, with illusions i farm both small and large camps and the safe lane.

Until 20 min i am farming the radiance, i go to the jungle and farm all medium and large camps and my illusions farm small camps or my lane.

Until 35 min i farm both Octarine Core and Manta, I farm lane and jungle and use each illusion to farm a enemy camp, when i have manta i stay jungle and usa manta to farm lane.

Until 50 min i have Bots II,Oc Manta Radiance and farm both skadi and Bloodthorn, then i comunnicate my team to push as 5 mid ( as i already will push all tier 1 and 2 towers), do the mega and win the game :0)

So, how can i improve it ? i played to 2 games so far and find myself to lose, my kda in both are positive and i rarely die with naga

Dotabuff:

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 27, 2016 1:05pm | Report
You'd have to watch the games...and I don't have time to do that today. Sadly you can't see jack from the items and KDA's because, well you're Naga, there's no stat for PVE dota :)

Just say what key binds you're using for now, and in general how do you micro your illusions.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 27, 2016 1:48pm | Report
Judging by your tower damage I'm pretty sure you just farmed all game and took all the jungle creeps from your team when you should have been constantly pushing lanes out and slowly choking your enemies, denying them the space. That's why it is called Rat Doto not AFK-farm Doto. Once you get Manta you should be splitpushing 99% of the time and not sitting in your jungle or elsewhere. Also Linken's would be way better than Skadi in both games.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 27, 2016 1:55pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You'd have to watch the games...and I don't have time to do that today. Sadly you can't see jack from the items and KDA's because, well you're Naga, there's no stat for PVE dota :)

Just say what key binds you're using for now, and in general how do you micro your illusions.

Hi Hamster :0), I am using the build you said me a days, and starting to spam naga this patch, my mmr is sub 3k(~~2,7) so in my level people tend to leave all for late and tend to not push in mid game, so i thought naga could be an amazing pick and izi mmr :^P, when you have time plz watch my match(just watch 2393695952, the other one was poison) and help me improve.

So, my key binds are f1-Naga siren 1- everyone 2- all illsions 3,4,5- is one illusion of mine, 6 is for both manta illusions.

In early game i farm with my illusions, they help me to win lane as people dont harass me or my illussions, and help farm small and big camp that are near my lane.
Prior radiance i put the three illusions farming along side in jungle and i farm in lane ( mid or my safe lane, depending to where the enemy are coming to gank and stuff)
When i have Radiance, i just send them to each enemy big/medium camp and i farm lane/jungle, sometimes i send them to push a tower and one of them to kill the camp near tier 2 ( by this time i already ratted all T1 towers an pretending to push safe and mid T2 too)
By the time i have Manta and Octarine, i send my illusions to enemy jungle and the 2 manta illusions to staying pushing ( by this time i already push all T2 towers and pretending to push t3)
By the time we have to end, i send one illusion to each lane to stay pushing and leave the rest of them with me in case i have to fight

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 27, 2016 2:02pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Judging by your tower damage I'm pretty sure you just farmed all game and took all the jungle creeps from your team when you should have been constantly pushing lanes out and slowly choking your enemies, denying them the space. That's why it is called Rat Doto not AFK-farm Doto. Once you get Manta you should be splitpushing 99% of the time and not sitting in your jungle or elsewhere. Also Linken's would be way better than Skadi in both games.

Get it, but i constantly send my illusions to enemy creep camps, and send manta to push lanes, i am only farmed my jungle by myself, not using my illusions
Also my tower damage could be this low because i only send illusions to kill creeps, not the tower itself, but creeps pushed the towers with them

In the second one it could be because of legion, but the first one does not make sense, maybe diffusal for omni, or rushed that bloodthorn for PA

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 27, 2016 2:09pm | Report
But at one point you need to send all your Mirror Image illusions to right-click towers. Because that's the whole point of the hero. Like you sit back and send your illusions to kill buildings, and the game just wins itself...
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 27, 2016 2:09pm | Report
In the first one you have Tinker with Blink+permahex who won't let you splitpush for **** lategame. Granted, Tinker is a hard matchup by himself but since you get him in the enemy team you have to play around that. You don't really care about Omni nor PA because they can't do much about you pushing all the lanes at the same time.

And even if you sent your illusions to creep cut that TD is still very low. You should always use openings enemy team gives you and hit towers with your main hero+illusions while you got the chance.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 27, 2016 3:16pm | Report
Ok Got that part, i need to focus on taking objetives, and send illusions to take towers.

But i dont think that is the only thing is wrong of all i am doing,so what´s next ?
Also you guys can send me gameplays that you think i should check

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved