Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HELP - d/c problem putting me in low priority

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » HELP - d/c problem putting me in low priority 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SwiftBolt » August 31, 2012 1:12am | Report
Hey, so recently I've been getting this d/c problem where my whole game would just have all the characters run in place, and the red d/c timer shows up in the top right for a brief moment. After that, I can't do anything more. I sometimes still see the kills going on but for the most part i wouldn't know because everybody is just running in the same place.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

SwiftBolt

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » August 31, 2012 2:42am | Report
Perhaps you're playing in a region with poor connection. Where are you based and what region do you select when you search for games?

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
Steam: Bugger
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SwiftBolt » August 31, 2012 3:10am | Report
I'm in Canada and I go to US east and US west.
But my friend told me that US east had problems for him so lately i've been on US west, but the problem still happens occasionally.

SwiftBolt

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » August 31, 2012 3:48am | Report
In your Dota 2 options if possible, locate the Network tab under Game options, check to see whether the Network Quality is on. If it isn't turn it on. Also US East might be causing you connection issues. I play with several Canadian based players on SE Asia, perhaps give that a try? You can always test this in Create a Lobby to avoid abandons and so on.

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 31, 2012 3:51am | Report
Do you have problems only with DotA 2 ? Does your webpages load slow, slow downloading, etc. ? If yes, you may have problems with your ISP.

If no, it means it's a problem with their servers, sometimes the servers are overloaded and such.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NotSureIf » August 31, 2012 3:52am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Do you have problems only with DotA 2 ? Does your webpages load fast, slow downloading, etc. ? If yes, you may have problems with your ISP.

Can also be the issue.

NotSureIf
<Editor>

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SwiftBolt » August 31, 2012 6:53pm | Report
No, my webpages and downloads work fine. I think it's just Dota 2. And yes, my network quality is on. Thanks for the help guys.

SwiftBolt

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 1, 2012 1:02am | Report
SwiftBolt wrote:

No, my webpages and downloads work fine. I think it's just Dota 2. And yes, my network quality is on. Thanks for the help guys.

If the problem persists, you should contact Valve and report this issue.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved