Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DOTA Quiz: I

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DOTA Quiz: I 7 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

How did you do?
Game is hard (0-6)
Relax, you're doing fine (6-8)
Well Played! (9-11)
Waow! (12-14)
RAMPAGE (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 22, 2018 6:39pm | Report
Hello friends!

The DOTA quiz was a popular thread/community activity wayy back in the history of DOTAfire. Here are the rules:
  1. No looking up the answers
  2. Be honest when answering the poll (helps me see if questions are too difficult)
  3. Type up your answers (in spoilers) in a comment and POST IT before looking at the answers
  4. When you submit your comment, paste this at the beginning of it (so people don't see when it shows up in "Recent Discussion" on the home page): <meaninglessfillermeaninglessfillermeaninglessfillermeaninglessfillermeaninglessfiller>
  5. Check your answers in the spoiler, and edit your original comment and let us know what you think!
  6. Have fun!

Section 1: Easy

1. What are the names of Meepo's two passives?

1 point for the correct answer

Spoiler: Click to view

2. What combination of orbs do you need to invoke Ice Wall as Invoker?

3. Which hero has the ability Whirling Death?

Section 2: Medium

4. How many sources of Fear are there in DOTA2?

1 point for the correct answer, 1 point for naming the sources

5. Name seven (7) active abilities that render its caster invisible

1 point for the correct answer, bonus point if you name all thirteen (13)

6. Name three (3) sources of invisibility that does not break upon casting a spell

1 point for the correct answer, bonus for naming all five (5)

7. Name the heroes that can gain stats infinitely.

Section 3: Hard

8. An Abbadon's Aeon Disk triggers at the same time as his Borrowed Time. Oracle then casts False Promise on Abbadon while both Aeon Disk and Borrowed Time are active. An enemy Sven with 6 rapiers hits Abbadon once. Which of the following happens:
  1. Abbadon takes 0 damage because Aeon Disk blocks the damage before it affects the other abilities. He is not healed or damaged after the False promise ends
  2. Since Borrowed Time is checked for before False Promise and Aeon Disk, Abbadon will be healed. This healing is delayed and amplified by False Promise since False Promise lasts longer than Borrowed Time. Aeon Disk is useless.
  3. Since damage checks for False Promise before Aeon Disk, the damage will be registered. Since False Promise lasts longer than Borrowed Time, Abbadon will die after the False Promise ends.
  4. The game crashes

2 points for the correct answer

9. A Legion Commander Duels a Meepo clone. Does Legion Commander gain bonus damage when the "real" Meepo dies elsewhere during the Duel?

10. Axe, Disruptor, Warlock, and Lifestealer are from the same race. Name it.

2 points for the correct answer

That's it folks, enjoy!
~Sofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LordVesper » June 25, 2018 1:17am | Report
Finally got to try out this quiz! Sorry, didn't bother typing it out since I'm using mobile and it's personally a bit too tedious to go back and forth between the questionnaire and reply section. Anyways, here are my thoughts:
1. Medium section is too hard in my opinion. It requires you to recall most/all heroes in the game AND see if these heroes have the things that the questions asked for. It should be put in the Hard section instead if you like these kinds of questions.

2. Hard Section is great! All the questions are fascinating and are hard enough to deserve being here. Well, except maybe for no. 10. It's debatable whether or not this question can be considered hard as anyone who has read the lore will know the answer almost immediately without a problem. But then again, most players don't even bother with the lore so you decide what to do on this one haha

3. Easy section is easy as it should be! Players should know the answers to these questions 100% of the time if they wish to call themselves decent at the game XD
Here are the guides that I've kept up to date:
Crystal Maiden Guide

Want to add me on Steam?
Here's the link!

LordVesper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JamesWilly » June 25, 2018 6:22am | Report
1. Geostrike and Divided We Stand

2. Quas/Quas/Exort

3. Timber

4. QoP don't know the rest.

5. Shadow walk, Sandstorm, Shukuchi and windeun(if you get talent)

6. I only remember Riki - Clock & Dagger

7. LC, Silencer and Pudge

8. Don't know...lol

9. I think no.

10. Oglodi

So how did I score :D

JamesWilly

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 25, 2018 9:49pm | Report
LordVesper wrote:

Finally got to try out this quiz! Sorry, didn't bother typing it out since I'm using mobile and it's personally a bit too tedious to go back and forth between the questionnaire and reply section. Anyways, here are my thoughts:
1. Medium section is too hard in my opinion. It requires you to recall most/all heroes in the game AND see if these heroes have the things that the questions asked for. It should be put in the Hard section instead if you like these kinds of questions.

2. Hard Section is great! All the questions are fascinating and are hard enough to deserve being here. Well, except maybe for no. 10. It's debatable whether or not this question can be considered hard as anyone who has read the lore will know the answer almost immediately without a problem. But then again, most players don't even bother with the lore so you decide what to do on this one haha

3. Easy section is easy as it should be! Players should know the answers to these questions 100% of the time if they wish to call themselves decent at the game XD

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Will definitely try to improve for this week's quiz :D

JamesWilly you got 7 points! Not bad, not bad.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JamesWilly » June 26, 2018 1:44am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Will definitely try to improve for this week's quiz :D

JamesWilly you got 7 points! Not bad, not bad.

Yaaay. Btw question 8 was very hard! You should add more questions :D

JamesWilly

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 26, 2018 4:23am | Report
I've got 9 points, the hard questions were really interesting to think about, but pretty difficult to actually know since they happen ever so rarely, haha. I rarely see Meepo picked, even less so against a Legion Commander.

Great quiz, keep them coming and maybe keep record of the high scores? :D
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 26, 2018 8:32am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I've got 9 points, the hard questions were really interesting to think about, but pretty difficult to actually know since they happen ever so rarely, haha. I rarely see Meepo picked, even less so against a Legion Commander.

Great quiz, keep them coming and maybe keep record of the high scores? :D

Heyy, thanks hades!

Yea, hard questions are meant to be hard, but it seems like they were a little tooo hard though - will definitely adjust for this week.

Sure, we can keep a leaderboard, that sounds fun.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved