Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Details on Compendium visual effects

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Details on Compendium visual effects 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by connor4893 » May 13, 2014 7:58pm | Report
Hey DotaFire, I have a quick question.

I'm really excited about the new visuals from leveling up the TI4 Compendium (fountain, tp scroll, blink, dagon). In the Compendium, it says that these effects only last until July 28th, does this mean that we have until that date to earn these visual upgrades or that they will expire by that time?

I am ready and willing to get my Compendium up to level 55 to upgrade my dagon and other effects, but I don't want to put in the time if they aren't going to be lasting. If they do expire after TI4, is there any possibility that the effects will become permanent in the future?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

PS: I posted this a few days ago and it got no attention. An admin said it would be a good idea to get this question answered.

connor4893

Notable (2)
Steam: Shame Spirit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 13, 2014 9:35pm | Report
Well, it says it LASTS, lasts being the key word there. So i would have to assume that because it makes the effects purple for the TI4, that you will get these effects until july 28, and after that date they will disappear forever, however leveling up your compendium still isn't a bad idea, because of the extra items you get.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 13, 2014 9:44pm | Report
I thought you had to earn it by then...**** you volvo
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 14, 2014 9:18am | Report
The effects are only temporary, and will indeed expire come the end of The International.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved