Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Core Leshrac Pre-6.84: Is it even viable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Core Leshrac Pre-6.84: Is it even viable? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » July 25, 2015 12:11pm | Report
So a long time ago I liked Mid Leshrac. Lightning Storm is very underrated, its such a good spell.

But only now it is after the Slow duration is increased did people complain about him being OP. What about before? Was Leshrac OP before this patch? I feel like he is just noticed this patch and is actually strong before.

Thoughts?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 25, 2015 12:36pm | Report
Biggest reason lesh is op now is because of the amount of damage he can pull out, even in lategame. Problem is, he is so squishy and his stun is so damn hard to hit. Slow time increase helped so much in landing his stuns, his lightning area also is crazy now. And his weakness of squishyness is reduced a lot by octarine core, so much that he can run in and not worry about dying as much as before. Melee carries used to be able to kill lesh before they get killed because of lesh being squishy in nature, but with the addition of octarine core, that is no longer the case.

In short, his slow time increase and the addition of octarine core is what made him op this meta. He was strong before the meta, but now he is just plain OP.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 25, 2015 12:58pm | Report
He was considered trash last patch, primarily because what was deemed a pushing support had no place in a ricing meta. He was in that horrible somewhere between a core and support zone, without being a viable offlaner.

6.84 buffs helped him, but so did the meta change, and of course the Octarine Core.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » July 25, 2015 1:07pm | Report
I had played him a couple of times as a mid, but not in a teamfight oriented style. More of a split pusher that clears waves and buildings very fast.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 25, 2015 1:09pm | Report
Lesh got a lot of experimentation in prior patches. For as long as I've been watched DOTA (Early 6.80), he's never been that good, but he's been pciked up in a load of places; You saw him usually as like a paired support with Shadow Demon for a few patches, but he gradually got more attention in a core role. Mostly safe lane, not mid-lane.

I think if the meta hadn't been what it was in 6.83 he'd have seen some love, because the hero was still pretty strong then (His 6.84 buffs were pretty big, the cast time change, and making his slow scale as well as Octarine Core). But it definately wasn't as viable an option pre 6.84, and won't be post 6.84 either.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 25, 2015 2:19pm | Report
1. Meta change: Lesh has low cooldown spells, thus fits in the "kill everyone all the time" meta
2. Octarine Core
3. Lightning Storm now perfectly sets up Split Earth.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » July 27, 2015 3:25pm | Report
It's partly the meta change and partly because of a couple of new items, Octarine Core and Glimmer Cape.

Pre 6.84 meta was all about physical damage carries - Troll Warlord, Sniper, Juggernaut, etc that could wreck Leshrac since he's pretty squishy.

6.84 countered those meta heroes pretty hard with the addition of Winter Wyvern and Glimmer Cape. Those heroes can no longer right click with impunity, since WW is a super anti-rightclick hero. A Leshrac is no longer that squishy with an Octarine Core and a WW backing him up.

Pre 6.84, Leshrac was just way too squishy as a core, and way too greedy as a support.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 27, 2015 8:44pm | Report
better slow = being able to land stun + O.Core makes him really good.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved