Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best supporter in game?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best supporter in game? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Aera#252652 » July 8, 2012 2:55am | Report
Which hero do you think is the best supporter in the game?

Aera#252652

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by rusPiglets » July 8, 2012 5:58am | Report
Depends really, it's hard to choose one.
Crystal Maiden is great with people like Jugger, insuring early kills.
While Dazzle for a example is great with Spectre or Faceless void.
There is no best, really, in my experience.
Funny vids with heavy accent and cursing. Click the pigs!

rusPiglets

Steam: rusPiglets
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Herbjoern » July 8, 2012 7:00am | Report
Well, it depends, I personally think that Ice-Themed supports makes kill easier while rest are good with heals/other utility. Taking into account that I count only those supports which I see the most time. If I had to choose my favorite supporter (because there is no "best hero" in Dota's dictionary) it would be Ancient Apparition.

Herbjoern

Notable (1)
Steam: Speak English-Win Game-Profit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 8, 2012 8:11am | Report
It really depends on the situation and what you're looking for.

If you are wanting a babysitter, Crystal Maiden, Vengeful Spirit and Earthshaker all make incredible supports. None of them require any farm really (Earthshaker becomes more useful with farm but he does fine without it). These heroes specialize in protecting your carry in lane.

Other support heroes bring a lot more than just support to the game. Tidehunter is tanky and has a hell of an initiation while also being non-reliant on farm. Warlock can initiate and help teamfights go in your favor. Chen can gank early game from the jungle, and once you get Mek you can turn teamfights around in an instant. And Lich can pretty much instantly win his lane with infinite harass and constant denies.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:05am | Report
Lich is the best support for pub games by far because win lane win game. He's also easy to play in general and brings Ice Armor to the table for his entire team. Crystal Maiden would be my second choice, followed by other support heroes such as Venomancer, Vengeful Spirit and Witch Doctor.

Competitive play, for reference, seems to favor Venomancer, Crystal Maiden, Tidehunter and Earthshaker as lane supports.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » July 8, 2012 12:31pm | Report
If I had to say a BEST, I would say Shadow Demon. He's super strong, and incredibly useful. If you have a smart SD in your pub, he can win he game for you playing pure support.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 8, 2012 1:38pm | Report
Leech wrote:

If I had to say a BEST, I would say Shadow Demon. He's super strong, and incredibly useful. If you have a smart SD in your pub, he can win he game for you playing pure support.

I just like SD as an anti-anti-mage. :P

Yes, he can be very strong against many lineups if played smart, thought.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 8, 2012 1:40pm | Report
Oh, but one that no one has mentioned thus far is Wisp. NaVi just won a game with Wisp.

Wisp, in my personal opinion, is the hardest to use support in the game. Teamwork is the name of the game, and with Wisp, you bring tons of it to the table. If played right, a mobile Wisp can win early-mid game for you.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » July 8, 2012 5:56pm | Report
Before I would have had to say Dazzle, but since Io has been released I would have to change my opinion to Wisp. Wisp is the most team-supportive hero IMO. As Atlas said, Wisp is very viable candidate to help your team achieve victory.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 8, 2012 10:27pm | Report
Iratesniper wrote:

Before I would have had to say Dazzle, but since Io has been released I would have to change my opinion to Wisp. Wisp is the most team-supportive hero IMO. As Atlas said, Wisp is very viable candidate to help your team achieve victory.

My main issue with Dazzle is his sub par laning phase (for a support). He dominates melee, but struggles to do much against ranged carries or babysitters. He lacks a good disable as well until at least Level 5, preventing him from effectively roaming on mid like a Crystal Maiden, Venomancer or Vengeful Spirit could.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved