Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Achievements in Dota2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Achievements in Dota2 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » November 21, 2011 9:20pm | Report
Personally, I Hope and Can't Wait for Valve to introduce achievements in the game.

How satisfying would it be to gain the acheivement "KS THAT: KS 10 times in a single game" or everyone's favourite: "HUMILIATION: Kill a player with a dagon courier"

What funny acheivements can you guys think of/ which ones do you want implemented.

:)

I have started, but here is another one:

Hook Like and Sinker: "Bait a player into mines with a dropped item"
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » November 21, 2011 9:56pm | Report
Those are achievements you made up, yes? I think achievements are a cool idea something for everyone's e-peen.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » November 21, 2011 9:59pm | Report
Nothing official, just hoping that they are introduced mainly for the hilarity of boasting KS achievements and humiliating achievements!

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » November 21, 2011 10:05pm | Report
The only problem I have with achievements is when people strive so hard and go out of their way to complete one in-game. This could be a problem seeing as people may purposefully play stupid in order to gain certain achievements.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » November 21, 2011 10:09pm | Report
"WHY YOU SO STRONG" - Get killed by Neutral Creeps/Roshan twice in one game.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » November 21, 2011 10:10pm | Report
"LOLUMAD" - Rage quit after going at least -8.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » November 21, 2011 10:14pm | Report
Quoted:

The only problem I have with achievements is when people strive so hard and go out of their way to complete one in-game. This could be a problem seeing as people may purposefully play stupid in order to gain certain achievements.

Very good point, maybe hidden achievements? Or maybe there won't be any silly ones... :( Well at least we can have some fun here and work out some really ridiculous ones!

Here is an easy achievement:
Accountant: "Spend all gold before creeps spawn at start of game"

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » November 21, 2011 10:17pm | Report
Quoted:

Very good point, maybe hidden achievements? Or maybe there won't be any silly ones... :( Well at least we can have some fun here and work out some really ridiculous ones!

Ya hopefully they are achievements that privilege neutral or beneficial gameplay only like assists, kills, farming etc..

Quoted:
Here is an easy achievement:
Accountant: "Spend all gold before creeps spawn at start of game"

I like this one, maybe some for farming in the "gold gain" category.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PotatisFarfar » November 21, 2011 11:50pm | Report
And i hope to see achivments bound to titles and avatars ;).

That would be awesome!

PotatisFarfar

Notable (11)
Steam: Luna 3.20
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » November 22, 2011 12:05am | Report

And i hope to see achivments bound to titles and avatars ;).

That would be awesome!

Apparently there are Taunt and Action items, I am guessing like some kind of mix of TF2 with HON's taunt system or maybe like LOL's emotes. Should be interesting.

For proof just look at the controls in DOTA2.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved