Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't believe this.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Can't believe this. 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CookieRogue » April 10, 2012 4:32pm | Report
This TOOL named Oarfish literally took my DotAHut Dragon Knight guide, ripped it completely and put it as his own on this site. That is 100% theft of intellectual property, I request he be banned and guide be removed.

I spent hours on end perfecting that guide, and this ****ing ***** rips it. 3 seconds.

CookieRogue

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » April 10, 2012 4:49pm | Report
Link the original guide and I'll look into it.

Edit: Just found it, guide being removed.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CookieRogue » April 10, 2012 4:52pm | Report
Thank you, I will consider putting a slightly edited version more fit for DotaFire format later, however I do not want some guy randomly putting it acting as if he did it.

CookieRogue

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » April 10, 2012 5:57pm | Report
We do not allow plagiarism on DOTAFire, thanks for removing the guide Atlas!

@CookieRogue, if you spot plagiarism on the site you can also use the report feature. This is the fastest way to get attention and resolution for issues such as this one, and it helps us to build up a record on users so that we can better deal with repeat offenders.

Also, we'd love to have your guides here, if you are interested in posting them!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CookieRogue » April 10, 2012 6:23pm | Report
ty =) If you check the version on DotaHut, I have some photoshopped images and whatnot, and I'd have to rework them as well as the colours for this site. Might take a little bit of time.

CookieRogue

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » April 10, 2012 7:14pm | Report
We've got functionality for everything you have in your guide it looks like. Colors are [color=#ff0000]like this[/color], you can embed anything in the database using wiki links, [[Dragon Knight]] = Dragon Knight, that works the same for items and skills. You can also get just the icon without text using [icon="Dragon Knight"] to get , also works for items and skills and you can add a "size=120" parameter to control its dimensions. Images are the normal [img=http://whatever.com/path/to/image], and you can add height, width and float parameters (float=right, float=left) to control their positioning. You can embed videos from most places by just doing [embed=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAu1uPU5bqY] with the direct link to the video.

Hope that helps!! Feel free to ask questions if you aren't sure how to port something over :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » April 10, 2012 7:19pm | Report
Moving this to the Support forum.

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved