Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

tidehunter help please

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » tidehunter help please 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FantasticThunder » July 14, 2012 7:47am | Report
Hi new to dota2 its a brilliant game i just find it hard when i'm up against other hero's.
Items i get at the start are health and mana regen, gauntlets of strength, donkey and a wand.
Then i move on to Bracers a cloak sometimes, arcane boots and a blink dagger.
My build i max out anchor smash first followed by gush and then kraken shell.
I always play with randoms so any one that wants to team up let me know. My steam name is DG Thunder
Any advice or tips would be helpful thanks

FantasticThunder

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 14, 2012 8:05am | Report
I'd recommend maxing Gush first unless you are solo laning. It's a great long range spell that also reduces armour.

I'm no good Tidehunter so I can't advise you much more than that. It might be useful if you put a Match ID of a game where you're playing him, so people can watch and give some constructive criticism. DotA is a very situational game and as such you can't usually say "Always do this" or "Always build this".

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FantasticThunder » July 14, 2012 8:26am | Report
How do you do a match ID?

FantasticThunder

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 14, 2012 10:24am | Report
On your match history, it will have the match ID at the top of the score screen, copy and paste it!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FantasticThunder » July 15, 2012 7:27am | Report
26199023 thats the match

FantasticThunder

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » July 20, 2012 9:13pm | Report
I wasn't able to view the replay, but I have a few ideas from the match details.

You don't have very high kills or assists. Try to initiate more.

Also, Tidehunter lanes best with any ranged DPS hero, like Drow Ranger or Sniper.

In addition, Gush should be maxed before Anchor Smash. Gush is far ranged and Anchor Smash is close ranged, and their Slow/ Damage Reduction stays the same no matter the level, so as a nuke, Gush is better.

daPhongster

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved