Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sofa needs your help...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Sofa needs your help... 16 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Which hero?
Rubick
Invoker
Morphling
Lion
Lich
Puck
Omniknight
KOTL
PA
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 3, 2015 2:26pm | Report
Hi guys, Sofa here.

As you all (don't) know, I recently released my "Quick-Guide to 6.84."
Now, I have this urge to create another guide for the general population of DOTAfire. Which will it be? Since it's for the community, I will let the community choose.

Things to factor when deciding:
  • Which hero needs a guide (does not have a high-quality guide already)
  • Which hero do I want to play?
  • Which hero is misunderstood by noobs like me?

Here are your choices:
These are the heroes that I'm most comfortable on... thus easier guide-writing.

These are the heroes that I can make a guide one, it'll take longer because I'll have to experiment.

Thank you guys so much!
-Sofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 3, 2015 3:05pm | Report
Well, of those Morphling needs a guide the most.

But I'd say we really need a new Lone Druid guide.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 3, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Really? Kody has a pretty good Morphling guide already. (It's fun in the summer?)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 3, 2015 3:47pm | Report
Well the biggest changes are obviously Aghanim's, and I guess that the aghs changes have been so big that they need either updated or new guides.

Every one of those heroes has a decent guide already, so you really just need to account for the meta change.

With Aghanim's Bear ratting is now a thing. That's huge if you ask me.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MaRSS » May 3, 2015 5:51pm | Report
I'm going to be honest. I would love to see a new Troll Warlord build guide now that he's been heavily nerfed. Do you still go sustain items? Do you now go all out damage items? Or do you try and find a nice balance in between? Are any of the new editions to the item pool worth while for Troll?

MaRSS

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Devampi » May 3, 2015 8:34pm | Report
MaRSS wrote:

heavily nerfed.

he got hurt most for the laning phase with the nerf on his mellee damage. the ult duration is only a nerf to him wrecking towers mostly. the nerf on his laning pahse has an impact but not that big. the only thing you could try are the new items mostly.
In love with the random button

Devampi

Notable (1)
Steam: Devampi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 3, 2015 10:46pm | Report

Well the biggest changes are obviously Aghanim's, and I guess that the aghs changes have been so big that they need either updated or new guides.

Every one of those heroes has a decent guide already, so you really just need to account for the meta change.

With Aghanim's Bear ratting is now a thing. That's huge if you ask me.

Well, I cover all Agh's upgrades in my 6.84 guide. (shameless advertising here :D)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 3, 2015 11:13pm | Report
But think of the item changes for Lone Druid. The playstyle changes.

You don't need radiance anymore.

Lone Druid buys BoT upgraded.

Figure out a Rat Bear build.

I mean, I guess the maker of that one LD guide will update it but why wait?

I don't think that those heroes really need any new guides, to be completely honest. They all have decent guides already, which will probably be updated anyways.

So do the one you think is the most fun? :P

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by armc3j » May 4, 2015 12:28am | Report
I'm working on a Lone Druid guide right now :D I was making one for 6.83, but now with the changes. I've had to rewrite almost half of my guide. With the recent buffs to Radiance though, Lone Druids teamfight got stronger, and with ags, now he can fight AND push at the same time. He got pretty buffed imo
when a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back.

armc3j

Notable (3)
Steam: .Elusive
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MaRSS » May 4, 2015 7:10am | Report
Devampi wrote:

he got hurt most for the laning phase with the nerf on his mellee damage. the ult duration is only a nerf to him wrecking towers mostly. the nerf on his laning pahse has an impact but not that big. the only thing you could try are the new items mostly.

You are correct sir. His laning phase right now is really bad. He can no longer lane mid and he needs Safe Lane with a solid stun/disabler support to baby sit him because he can easily, and I mean easily get ganked. One stun followed up by a any kind of nuke and he's dead. I like the Break mechanics that nerf his ridiculousness but I'm not a fan at all of the nerfing to Berserker's Rage melee damage. But I certainly understand it.

I have found that rushing Phase Boots helps negate his melee damage nerf. So instead of going Ring of Aquila into Phase, I have been going Phase into Aquila or even right into Helm.

I have been a little disappointed that he is completely ignored in pro games, or at least official ones anyway and I would love to see someone like XBOCT, Era, etc. run him to see what build order they favor.

Anyway, to the point of the thread. Sofa, I would really like to see a Morphling build guide, or even a PA guide. In 6.83 I really struggled with Morphling because if I picked him it was usually into a TW or Jugg and he just couldn't man fight them and I was usually stuck split pushing and only offering E-Blade into Shotty and maybe a Waveform and I was done. If I didn't kill TW or Jugg or my team following up on that damage we would usually lose that fight. So I would really like to see how well Morphling transitions into this 6.84.

MaRSS

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved