Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"New Guides" Section

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » "New Guides" Section 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » December 8, 2013 9:20am | Report
Hey everyone,

I created a new guide about drafting in dota 2, but it didn't show up in DotaFire mainpage in that section where the newest guides usually show up.

Why doesn't the guide appear in that section? Is it because it isn't a guide about a particular Hero? If so, isn't that a mistake? Because if I search for all the guides and choose the newest ones, I can actually find my guide.

Thank you in advance for any explanation!

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 8, 2013 9:24am | Report
The guide must have at least 5,000 characters to be an 'official guide' and get displayed.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » December 8, 2013 9:47am | Report
Ok, thank you for letting me know!

But my newest guide actually has more words than my other guides, and my other guides show up in the main page. Why is that?

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 8, 2013 9:51am | Report
Rudd wrote:

Ok, thank you for letting me know!

But my newest guide actually has more words than my other guides, and my other guides show up in the main page. Why is that?

Hmm, that's weird, can you link it ?

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » December 8, 2013 10:03am | Report
This is my newest guide:

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/draft-unpredictably-how-versatility-helps-you-win-7257

And these are my other 2 guides:

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/an-alternative-against-mid-giants-7185

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/the-versatile-earth-spirit-detailed-guide-7148

I checked and my newest guide has more words than the other 2.

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » December 8, 2013 10:32am | Report
I'm sorry for double posting, but just wanted to point out that if you check some of the guides that are currently in the "Newest Guides" section in the main page, some of them don't have 5000 words.

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 8, 2013 10:50am | Report
Rudd wrote:

I'm sorry for double posting, but just wanted to point out that if you check some of the guides that are currently in the "Newest Guides" section in the main page, some of them don't have 5000 words.

Hmm, that's strange, I'll discuss with some admins about it, it may be broken, not sure.

Also, as you said in your first post, since the guide isn't for a specific hero, and it's just general, I think that's the reason you can't find it there.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 8, 2013 12:53pm | Report
Rudd wrote:

Hey everyone,

I created a new guide about drafting in dota 2, but it didn't show up in DotaFire mainpage in that section where the newest guides usually show up.

Why doesn't the guide appear in that section? Is it because it isn't a guide about a particular Hero? If so, isn't that a mistake? Because if I search for all the guides and choose the newest ones, I can actually find my guide.

Thank you in advance for any explanation!

Well, on the plus side, it'll probably end up in "TOP DOTA GUIDES (30 DAYS)" ;{)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » December 8, 2013 1:17pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Well, on the plus side, it'll probably end up in "TOP DOTA GUIDES (30 DAYS)" ;{)

True xD. But still, getting your guide in the "Newest Guides" is really good to give your guide more visibility.

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 9, 2013 1:30am | Report
Yes, "General Strategy" guides don't get on the main page at all unless you get a top rated. It'd be nice to give them some initial visibility.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved