Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Personal Bounty Hunter Build ***Feedback is Welcome***

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Personal Bounty Hunter Build ***Feedback is Welcome*** 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The_Magic_School_Bus » October 7, 2013 12:25pm | Report
After reading the guides to Bounty Hunter I notice a lot of them being the same. Granted, they are very good guides and I personally read them and learned a great amount.

I have begun creating a playstyle that is slightly different, but generally the same with a little variation that I feel should at least have a once over by the forums here. Let me know what you think.

***Skills***

Shurikan- 3/4/10/12

Jinada- 2/5/8/9

Shadow Walk- 1/7/13/14

Track- 6/11/16

Stats- 17-25

***items***

Start Items- Standard

Core- Phase Boots/Orb of Venom/Wand/Poor Man's/Urn of Shadows/Perseverance

A lot of people tend to say make either Shurikan or Jinada out first, but this build gives us the best of both worlds. Shadow Walk is standard at 1 while getting a point in Jinada gives you a last hitting power and a slow if you need it (Plus it doesn't cost mana to have!).

I take two points in Shurikan early because it has a high spike from lvl 1-2 (100-200 dmg) this is a substantial hit to any squishy early on which makes it easier to force them out of lane. Keeping the lvl low early also saves you mana incase you would screw up a throw for whatever reason. Your late game shurikan is only good for disrupts and last hitting a fleeing hero.

From here out it becomes fairly standard skilling with Jinada maxed first, also putting an extra point in your invis. before maxing Jinada to give you some breathing room.

My items are standard for the most part, but I think Orb of Venom is very effective and underestimated early on and in laning phase as a 12% is noticable and really screws a solo person caught by Gondar.

I love Urn on BH, because it fixes you mana problems if you don't spam Shurikan recklessly plus you should always have charges in the urn your not playing as effective as you should be. The strength helps your poopy health pool as well

Why no Perseverance? Once you get this item:

-you get so much from it for around 500 gold less than a vlad's (minus the aura)
-If a gank goes bad, just pop invis and run away for a bit. You recover pretty fast to pounce back in.
-It fixes your mana issues. By the time your 15 sec. cooldown on invis. is done, the cost for using it is filled up!
-The only real downside is the lack of aura, which doesn't stack on some items your team may or may not get anyways.

***Notes***
What do you guys think about grabbing hyperstone? I did it once when I had to build AC and I really liked the fast hits w/ slow from orb and Jinada.

Thoughts?

The_Magic_School_Bus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » October 14, 2013 10:24pm | Report
It's probably not best to get perseverance as i see no point in it. If you're aiming towards the direction of going battle fury, DONT! Generally Bounty Hunter could be a phenomenal ganker/support. Obviously you can tell how the game will turn out for yourself in the first 10 minutes of the game to decide what you would want to do. A) going ganker or B) going support. Also no need for poorman shield as you're most likely to never get hit.

Grabbing the best of both worlds isn't recommended. Specialization is key, you can't have both. Personally if i was going to go more of a ganker build i would put 1 into every skill and by 7 max out Shuriken to pick up the kills. If i were to go support Bounty Hunter i would max our jinada as it slows and deals a nice amount of damage with out using mana.

Here are my core items for Bounty Hunter as a support, you're welcome to get them in any order that pleases you. Tranquil boots, Orb of Venom, Urn of Shadows, Euls scepter, Teleport Scroll, Force Staff. After you have this build, sell the orb of venom and make a sheep stick.

I dont usually get orb of venom, it's due to the fact that i never remember about the item but it will be a great asset to have to slow with jinada. Euls Scepter, since you're invisible majority of the time it'd be a great idea to pick up an euls scepter to help your allies when you're going in for a gank. You SHOULD be invisible and hit with so Jinada goes on cool down, after the Duration of Jinada is over, Euls Scepter and Track. Usually at this point your team or your partner would be in the vicinity to pick up the kill or to help lower the target. If not you can always phase and jinada again. If the target tries to teleport you can always cast a shuriken as it has a ministun. Also right after euls is finished you'd want to track the target for obvious reason. Also... WARDS WARDS WARDS when your supports can't.

If i were to go a Ganker Bounty hunter this would be my item build. Phase Boots, Medallion of Courage, Desolater, MKB and the other two slots would be situation depending on how the game turns out. If anything just stack raw damage or go for some attack speed like AC. Avoid Aura as it does give away your location.

Usually you are playing bounty hunter, there are at least 1-2 weak individual heroes that you're able to drop in about 3 seconds or so. With the above statement you want to be able to dish out as much damage as possible so you max out shuriken. Pretty much go invisible, Jinada, track, Medallion and shuriken , activate phase boots and smack em again. They should die from that combination. During team battles you'll want to take out the highest threat or who ever is contributing to team fights alot such as supports mainly or turning the odds in your favor.

All bounty hunter is is literally a ganker who gets alot of money and picks off individuals. He shouldn't require much regeneration but if he does then make sure to carry some clarity potions and a teleport so you're all over the map.

With all that being said i hope you do test out my build as it does seem to be effective but may not be effective against heroes who generally have high HP. My build more or less makes him very fragile so you need to be very subtle when you're ganking so carry a gem early on in the game if you notice they got sentries or observers and take note on what items they have so you can inform your team on whos a threat and who is not.

Also if you're ever in a game dont rage or nag at feeders, accept the fact that they are in your game and you can't do nothing about it besides "suggest" items and what to do. Other than that focus on the game and do your thing!

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by vagnox » April 22, 2014 3:45am | Report
i think orb of venom really good early game item though, but i think you would need add some more item to the core like BKB, since after several kill they will target you a lot with dust and sentry. unless it is really low level pub match. For the skill build i will give it a shot later and give more suggestion later

vagnox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved