Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Drow Ranger

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » New Drow Ranger 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by whitenun » February 11, 2013 1:58pm | Report
So I have been noticing a lot more Drow Ranger in pubs lately being ganking machines.

First, what is the new item list for DR? I have noticed a lot of Mask of Madness and of course Shadowblade, but are there any other items I should know about?

Second, how does one counter this new DR? Most the games I have been in we have only been able to counter her by just getting out fed by the other members, but she remains a huge threat still. DR was still able to take out 4/5 of the team while attacking the ancient and I want to try and prevent this.

whitenun

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Feeder_Chan » February 15, 2013 2:47am | Report
Generally don't let her get fed, disable her and than kill her quickly. This may cause her to get shadow blade as her first major item, as result start getting dust of appearance, resulting basically wasted 3k in gold. If she decides to pop mask of madness throw a disable and you have an extra squishy hero.

Once you get move onto the mid phase put wards in the enemy jungle to gain vision of anyone trying to farm in it. This would allow you to gank her every time she attempts to farm.

Feeder_Chan

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 16, 2013 3:43am | Report
Now,with the appearance of Tusk,you can hunt her down in the early level.If you want some more challenge,I recommend Pudge.Usually high burst counters her ***,and containing her early.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » February 16, 2013 4:02am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

.Usually high burst counters her ***,and containing her early.

You cant counter Dat ***

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smorbel » July 25, 2013 11:05am | Report
Shadow blade => Sange => Yasha => Maelstrom => crystalys => Mjollnir => daedalus.
Can go for monkey king bar if you have alot of evasion on enemy's or for butterly if you have autoattackers there. Thats how i like the order to purchase, if i get the farm for it...

Smorbel

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Healfezza » September 10, 2013 4:55pm | Report
Countering Drow is as simple as having a gap closer. Drow is paper and her ultimate will switch off when you are close by, oh and of course the usual disables.

Drow has so much damage potential I do like S&Y on her, despite dislike the item on most heros. The nice combination of HP/Mobility/Stats/Slow seems to fit her well. Of course Maelstrom is a great first/second big item as well as it provides a great increase in farm rate and valuable attack speed (plus turns into Mjollner).

Shadow Blade is gimmicky, sure it can pick apart bad players but do you really need Shadow Blade for that? Anyone semi-competent will be running dust/gem/sentries the moment they see you with it.

Healfezza

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 10, 2013 5:19pm | Report
Clockwerk. The solution to all squishy problems.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lamborghini » November 20, 2013 4:56am | Report
Once you get move onto the mid phase put wards in the enemy jungle to gain vision of anyone trying to farm in it. This would allow you to gank her every time she attempts to farm.

lamborghini

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 23, 2013 4:30am | Report
In brief.

* DR above all must be alot of positioning skills. When I play, I try to avoid Shadow Blade doing a good positioning, and if I really need a escape, so I make it.

* When you have an enemy DR, just DO NOT let her do her stuff and pass unseeable. You will get a ton of dmg. If possible too, close the distant with a better positioning or a blink dagger.

In the newest patch, a Skeleton King wall it's just gorgeous. Also a mordigan for fun games lol.

English is not my primary language, so apologize for the mistakes, thnks.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved