Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My Guide Won't Post

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » My Guide Won't Post 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 6, 2013 6:15am | Report
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/ermahgerd-slardar-6966

I have it Published. but is doesn't show up in Newest Guides nor on the Slardar list. Is there something I'm doing wrong? My other guide seemed to publish without any problems.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 6, 2013 7:47am | Report
You need at least 5,000 characters for it to be an 'official' guide.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 6, 2013 7:59am | Report
Oh what the heck... Why? It's concise. It's Alt-Tab Friendly.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » November 6, 2013 8:10am | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Oh what the heck... Why? It's concise. It's Alt-Tab Friendly.

Mostly because build only guides if I am not mistaken

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 6, 2013 8:32am | Report
I feel like at a certain point, unless you just regurgitate the same nonsense in every single guide, you don't need 5,000 characters for a decent guide.

Explain what the abilities do briefly, explain why certain items are good for that character. I don't have to say " Eye of Skadi is a wonderful item for Slardar, or any melee hero for that matter, because it has a slowing effect on the enemy, plus you get +25 to every stat which translates to X damage for this character because he is strength-based, and you also get an HP boost for 200 and a mana boost of 150 which is great because more HP means you live longer and more mana means you can cast spells more. Plus..." and just ramble to fill up a pretty high character count.

just say Eye of Skadi because you already have Orb of Venom, the stats and points are nice, and the slow helps you chase and control the enemy when combined with Bash.

I just feel like this particular guide, while only 2,100 characters (and admittedly kind of silly) is still a fairly legitimate guide without spewing lore **** everyone scrolls past and going in depth into the generic benefits of every item and what order to use your skills in and telling stories about my playing experiences.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 6, 2013 9:50am | Report
We added this filter to prevent alt tab guides and spammy ones.

That's the rule, I'm sorry mate.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 6, 2013 1:21pm | Report
I have since expanded my guide and it is now official.

Tyerker

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved