Raiju is a celestial, cousin to the Raijin that was sealed inside the Storm Spirit. One of the natural elemental guardians of lightning, the rumblings of the battle of the Ancients has brought the Lightning Wolf out of his slumber and into the world once more. Thundering onto the battlefield, reaping elemental fury on his enemies with ferocious claw and vicious lightning, Raiju's shimmering form strikes fear into the heart of minions of the Dire.
The Lightning Wolf is a melee agility carry that provides significant amounts of magic damage to the team. The hero is designed around balancing Charge
stacks, as they provide powerful benefits to the hero as a carry, but must be sacrificed to use the ultimate: a devastating teamfight spell. The stacks take a very long time to build up in the early game, so players must decide carefully when to use Discharge. Even though the spell has no cooldown, it will require time to build up enough charges to use it again.
- Powerful magic coverage in addition to high attack damage
- Excellent teamfight in addition to high single-target damage
- Can snowball quickly with farm
- Strong push potential
- Can only begin gaining Charge stacks at level 6, making gaining 6 vital but adds little to the hero's strength until later
- No escape
- No catch without charge stacks
- Heavy dependence on items/farm
Attack Range: 150
Base Health Regen: 1.9
Base Mana Regen: 1.0
Attack animation: 0.3+0.5