Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Been thinking about a pure aoe gyro build...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Been thinking about a pure aoe gyro build... 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by obithepirate » February 8, 2013 11:31pm | Report
Okay so we all know that gyro has a lot of aoe potential, and all of his current builds are fairly successful, however I wonder why no one ever tries a pure aoe super late game carry build on him. Here are my thoughts,flak cannon a super short cd ability with low mana cost and allows him to deal full damage for x amount of hits in an aoe...y not combine this with say a radiance. I've been thinking about this build order on him you guys let me know what yall think:
1)Starting items: ring of protection, tango, salve, stats.
2)Early game: tranquil boots, wraith band, magic wand.
3)Mid game: sacred relic, ring of aquala, power treads, magic wand.
4)Mid-late game: vanguard/helm of the domninator, radiance, bkb, power treads, magic wand.
5)Final "ideal" item set: HoT/Satanic, Radiance, BKB/Butterfly, AC, Power Treads/ BOTS, Divine Rapier

SO I feel like i need to justify my item picks:
-Tranquil boots wraith bad gives stats and survivability early game, and u still do most of ur damage with rocket barrage so it helps in that your tanky enough to use these abilities.
-If you can farm a relic by 15 or so minutes, ur damage out put with flak cannons is going to be insane..and this will build easily into radiance later on.
-Once you have a radiance it only makes sense that you need to tank up, you can get an HoD if you plan on going satanic, or a Vanguard which you may later trade out for an AC or HoT.
-BKB, well you just need a BKB as a carry this should be self explanatory. IF you find yourself not needing one, get a butterfly...another amazing agility carry item.
-AC: THIS ITEM IS A KEY ITEM.....I don't understand why people don't build this on him. It gives survibabily, attack speed, and reduces enemy armor in an AoE, exactly what you need for your flak cannons to be super effective!
-HOT/Satanic, this is really a matter of preference...satanic is amazing for your ability to tank as long as you're attacking, if you get a bkb this item is recommended as you will not be interrupted while satanic is active, if you get a butterfly, I prefer to opt for the HoT, the increase in health means they have a higher chance of missing.
-Divine Rapier....yes I said it.. I know this item is super taboo...it is, just as the picture depicts, a double edged sword. That being said, if the game does get to this point...this item on gyro is perfect...if you have your bkb and satanic active...all you have to do is attack 5-6 times to wipe out the entire enemy team instantly with your flak cannon, and you will be out healing their damage guaranteed. Of course this item is super risky...and should only be gotten AFTER assembling all the other items or in the situation where its your teams last ditch chance and you managed to get the farm. Then again if the game is going really well you can always just get it to troll :D (I'm gonna get so much hate from ppl who pub with gyros with rapiers and lose).

So guys this is what I've been considering...let me know your opinions. Please note I realize that this play style doesn't utilize gyros ganking potential...this is a pure farm hard and be a super late game carry that can rival void/spectre in team fights kinda build.

I am eager to hear just how wrong I am...because lets face it in DOTA...you're never truly right.....

obithepirate

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 10, 2013 11:19am | Report
I see the logic with this and I will probably try it out but on paper I see one large flaw. You are out classed. This works pretty well, so does luna bouncing glaves throughout your entire team. Medusa also had the ranged split shot but unbelievable tankyness. I would think most real carries would preform better than Gyro because Gyro has one spell that scales wile Anti-Mage, Faceless-Void, and Specter have 4 abilities that scale each.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » February 10, 2013 10:31pm | Report
It looks like you made a good bit of effort thinking this out, so take this as one man's opinion and constructive criticism at that. :)

Mirror wrote:
You are out classed.

The only way I can see Radiance being of any use is if you rushed the Sacred Relic early and used it for farming. With all that farming potential, you might have options for a mid game closer... but I'm still a bit meh on the whole thing.

I think flak cannon and barrage do just as good a job as a radiance for farming and all you really should upgrade is your DPS and resistances (w/ Shadow Blade) so you can help gank/teamfight if you are needed.

However, I can't say for sure before I try it. Who knows, this may be the new meta!
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by obithepirate » February 11, 2013 1:27am | Report
thanks guys for ur opinions...let me know if you get the chance to try this out, i've been taking a break from dota lately. let me know how it goes!

obithepirate

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » February 11, 2013 6:34am | Report
Gyrocopter is a really strong late game carry and of top of that he is not useless throughout early and midgame.
Flak Cannon's range is ******ed and you can easily kill the whole enemy team with a Flak Cannon + Call Down combo.

Imo Gyro is one of the best heroes to abuse Rapier with. (just like Kunkka and Medusa)

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » February 12, 2013 3:44pm | Report
Did someone say Pu12e?

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » February 13, 2013 5:48pm | Report
Shiva's?

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drakon136 » February 13, 2013 8:08pm | Report
In theory, it seems like a very powerful build mid- to late-game. I will try it out once I am able to; unfortunately, I dount pub matches will be able to prove much, especially in my current skill bracket.

drakon136

Notable (3)
Steam: SURGE.drakon136

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved