Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Last Hitting Etiquite when sharing a lane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Last Hitting Etiquite when sharing a lane? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Schnooble » January 21, 2013 1:28pm | Report
So I'm really new to the game and have been watching some vidoes and whatnot trying to figure stuff out.

One thing that was mentioned was "Last Hitting". I've seen some videos where people just dance around and let your own minions take the health down on the enemy minons and then you sneak in and get the last hit and the gold.

My question however is how does this work when you are sharing a lane with another team mate? I would think it's bad form to do this as you're taking the gold away from your team-mate. I find it hard to follow all the little guys around so I can't really tell if the teammate has been slowly whittling down a guy and then I swoop in and take the gold.

Is there some sort of general behavior regarding "Last Hitting" when duoing a lane?

Schnooble

Steam: wheekers
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » January 21, 2013 4:26pm | Report
Yeah, there is. If you are playing a carry, you should be taking the last hits. always. If you ar playing support, you should be taking close to 0 last hits. Finally if you are in a lane with a non carry, the one who is more effective with items takes the farm

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Schnooble » January 21, 2013 7:20pm | Report
Ahh, that makes sense. I'd heard of the carry role. Thanks for the answer.

Schnooble

Steam: wheekers
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DJConnelly » February 3, 2013 12:45am | Report
Same topic I guess, what do you do when there are say, multiple carries in the same lane? I've only played about 12 games online, and so far everyone and I mean everyone plays a carry. I play support mainly atm but when I do go carry it's just annoying having to compete for last hits. Even the rare support I have seen goes for them. People aren't very receptive when I ask to not take them.

DJConnelly

Notable (1)
Steam: Grand Moff Tarkin
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 3, 2013 2:58am | Report
I'd recommend you to watch this video, it'll answer all your questions.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » February 3, 2013 5:19am | Report
You shouldn't have more than one carry in a lane. If you are then one of you just needs to stack and pull and stack and pull on repeat.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 3, 2013 6:19am | Report
DJConnelly wrote:

Same topic I guess, what do you do when there are say, multiple carries in the same lane? I've only played about 12 games online, and so far everyone and I mean everyone plays a carry. I play support mainly atm but when I do go carry it's just annoying having to compete for last hits. Even the rare support I have seen goes for them. People aren't very receptive when I ask to not take them.

My suggestion is to start picking carries who can jungle, it sounds like you're in low skill level games at the moment, and if you play someone like Doom or Lifestealer, and you see the lane picks are a little wacky, you can go into the jungle or as SP12 said pull and stack the creep camp.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Entenei » February 7, 2013 2:02am | Report
Lower level pug's don't seem to do it at all, its a thing i have found, i either have to go jungle mid or fight for last hits, (ofc if I play support I don't normally get any unless my team mate is around)

I tend to find if you que a bit longer for captain mode, people there know the Idea a bit more and you get slightly more team work out of it... not a lot with all pugs but a bit :D

Entenei

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 7, 2013 9:11pm | Report
A cary is a hero that makes the best use out of gold, such as having abilities that have benefits from some high priced items. A hard support is a hero that is good without gold so it can be strong from the start and not need many last hits. The trade off is when a farmed hero gets tons of gold they can walk all over the gold independent heros. Any hero can carry but only a few are the strongest when at full six items.

Example: Anti-Mage and Crystal Maiden lane. Anti-Mage has a % spell shield that is good all game a blink that is good all game and a orb that benefits from attack speed (you get items that give attack speed so this scales) and a % ultimate. Crystal Maiden's first skill does lots of damage, but does not scale. Her second skill is an almost stun so it scales. Her third spell is a passive mana regain increase, no % so it does not scale. Her ultimate does crazy damage but since it is not % it does not scale into the late game. Since all of Anti-Mages skills work late game at full power it is a good idea to give him the gold to back them up.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved