Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Official Path of Exile Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Official Path of Exile Thread 99 posts - page 2 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 29, 2016 6:53am | Report
I'm using Double Strike because my offhand weapon's damage is kind of low, but I do have a Dual Strike gem (unused) sitting in my stash. For AoE I just spam Bladefall. I've got an Ice Golem, as well as the Hatred and Purity of Elements auras.

Talents-wise, I've specced heavily into physical damage and life/mana steal and picked up Acrobatics. Going into Act 2 Cruel, I'm sitting on just under 1.2k HP, which seems a little low?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 29, 2016 7:00am | Report
What support gems do you have linked with double strike? You couls use a shield if you use double strike, or, get a better skill like reave. Or use an offhand with global bonuses. Will get back to it later, class just started.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » February 29, 2016 9:41am | Report
Also 1.2k life is ok-ish for cruel a2. The problem with evasion based chars is that you need that life to be not a oneshot but its difficult to reach 150-180 % increased life in the skilltree as evasion build.

Sinured

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 29, 2016 11:27am | Report
Sinured wrote:

Also 1.2k life is ok-ish for cruel a2. The problem with evasion based chars is that you need that life to be not a oneshot but its difficult to reach 150-180 % increased life in the skilltree as evasion build.

You can get an energy shield buffer, run discipline (charisma is close) and go Ghost Reaver. Especially since he plays claws with vaal pact. In case you want life only just get flask nodes, like increased charge rate (most notably profane chemistry) and run some instant life flasks so it returns you to full life in one use.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 29, 2016 5:08pm | Report
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYA7gEJBLMFtQceC2ENjQ5ID6sRlhQgFSAV9hX9Fr8byCSLJpUqCyo4Kk0s6TBxNZI2PTpCOuE8LT8nRfRJUUp9SshLeE3jUEdRTFVLW69d8l-wYeJieWKsZK9nm2egaPJqjGyMbqpvV3BScNV4GXxLfVuDzId2idOKOIwLjDaNv5UulnSbtZ2qogCi2aZ_pzSsR64-r2yw2LGztMW1SLXytz642bl8wJzBoMLswzrGrsgUykrUI9YH2L3dDd1I3ajjhOOf5FHssO1B7w7wH_DV8kXz6vVv_gr-jw==?accountName=ninedeadeyes&characterName=TheDeadEndKing

This is the skillbuild I'm using. Downside is that it's designed for high levels that I haven't reached yet, hence I'm missing a lot of the survivability parts of it. It still works pretty well, to the point where I was able to just slug it out with Dominus and lifesteal back whatever damage he did without needing to use a potion.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 1, 2016 9:46am | Report
What is your crit chance? Because I see you're not getting extra power charges on tree yet you go for crit nodes. Also, you get the survivability first. Chase the HP through the tree. You can't deal damage if you're dead.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » March 1, 2016 9:56am | Report
Anyone part of a guild yet?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Remarkable (22)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 1, 2016 9:58am | Report
I am, but we can make a dotofire one. I guess...

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » March 1, 2016 12:23pm | Report
Mobafire has one, I believe. I can ask if you guys can join it too =).

EDIT: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/off-topic/official-path-of-exile-thread-25633 <-- Official Mobafire Thread for PoE

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Memorable (73)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 2, 2016 12:59am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

What is your crit chance? Because I see you're not getting extra power charges on tree yet you go for crit nodes. Also, you get the survivability first. Chase the HP through the tree. You can't deal damage if you're dead.

Main hand crit is 22.75%, offhand is 22.05%. I have actually done most of the survivability options in the tree... plus I got a Whirling Blades and holy **** how do you even die with that spell.

As for linked gems, I've got a Dual Strike with Faster Attacks, Poison and Increased Crit damage. My linkings haven't been particularly kind and I feel it's a bit too early to blow tons of fusings on Vorici.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved